The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

A tech article, why ps4 is better than a PC

#1KaleliskalelPosted 4/25/2013 4:54:11 AM
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/how-the-playstation-4-is-better-than-a-pc/

posting this in the PS4 board, not the PC board. Hopefully they pass over this one
---
Internet Troll = Someone who attempts to aggravate online.
GameFaqs Troll = Anyone with an opinion...
#2Jason_HudsonPosted 4/25/2013 5:19:47 AM
Here's the best thing to do: wait and see.

When we have a game on both the PC and PS4, then we'll see quite clearly how the PC destroys the PS4 in graphics, performance and playability.

I cannot fathom why you people continue to think that a PC with technology twice as powerful as the PS4 is inferior to the actual PS4 console.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#3temgunPosted 4/25/2013 5:31:35 AM
Oh look, we haven't had this topic for like an hour or so.
#4MegagunstarmanPosted 4/25/2013 5:39:51 AM
that article can be summed up with one word, "DDR5 RAM"

the fact that ps4 is 2 full gens ahead of pc is all you really need to say
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#5temgunPosted 4/25/2013 5:42:33 AM
Megagunstarman posted...

You forgot the G, which makes the PS4 THREE FULL GENS ahead. DDR3 + 1 + 1 + G, I mean wow. The 8GB of GDDR5 ram will destroy the world!
#6Jason_HudsonPosted 4/25/2013 5:50:08 AM(edited)
Megagunstarman posted...

When I see factual evidence that the PS4 can run every single multiplatform (games that appear on both PS4 and PC) better than the best PC will I accept that it's better. I say every single game simply because of poor ports by trash developers.

This is the problem with console casuals, they have no idea what does what, so when they hear some flashy numbers that are higher than what a PC has they go off on one in ignorance.

I should also add that GDDR5 has been on GPUs since 2008. PCs don't need GDDR5 in the system as DDR3 is enough. The PC has a separate CPU and GPU meaning both items have separate RAM instead of having GDDR5 for the entire APU like in the PS4 I'm wasting my time, aren't I?
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#7knightimexPosted 4/25/2013 6:06:07 AM
*clickclick*
Thanks for the ammo!
Brb
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#8DemonDog666Posted 4/25/2013 6:13:37 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...

When we have a game on both the PC and PS4, then we'll see quite clearly how the PC destroys the PS4 in graphics, performance and playability.

I cannot fathom why you people continue to think that a PC with technology twice as powerful as the PS4 is inferior to the actual PS4 console.

Um PC only does graphics better, and that's at 3 times the cost, consoles always did playability better and always will, and performance is about the same, unless you have a weak pc then pc is way worse.
#9I_Am_On_FirePosted 4/25/2013 6:21:36 AM
So, the communication will be faster within the console. That doesn't make it better then a PC; it just can take better advantage of its hardware, which is still thoroughly midrange.
---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | 500 GB HDD | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 7x64
#10BilliePilgrimPosted 4/25/2013 6:34:53 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Um PC only does graphics better, and that's at 3 times the cost, consoles always did playability better and always will, and performance is about the same, unless you have a weak pc then pc is way worse.

What exactly is "playability"? I've had an easier time gaming on my PC than I ever did on consoles. I spend less time waiting for loading screens. Don't have to manage hundreds of game cases and discs (my steam library has over 150 games, all of which are installed). It handles multimedia significantly better. And despite the dozens of times the builds have been posted, you seem to have missed it, you can own a PS4 comparable PC for around $500. A little bit more expensive, but hardly 3 times the cost and well worth it when you consider how much more a PC can be used for aside from gaming.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7