Another positive for PS4 (X1 and used games)

#1supermoc10Posted 5/21/2013 1:18:35 PM
Microsoft announced that we'll have to pay a fee to play used games on the X1. This means that sales of used games will be greatly reduced on the new console. GameStop makes most of its revenue from used game sales. Do you guys think that GS will advertise the PS4 a lot more since it plays used games normally?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2pokemon_45_79_1Posted 5/21/2013 1:20:07 PM
If Sony stays where its at, its totally possible that GameStop would push the wii-u/ps4 and not the next X1.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#3ECOsvaldoPosted 5/21/2013 1:29:38 PM
Nope, it will be revealed at E3 that the PS4 will have the "used game fee." Why you ask? I can bet you that MS and Sony made an agreement with all the major game publishers/developers (with EA, Activision and Ubi being a huge proponent on DRM methods) for this feature. Otherwise, why would EA drop their Online Pass (other than not selling too well for those who purchase their games used)?
---
I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party. - Brick Tamland
#4supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 11:03:42 PM
bump
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#5dvdjediPosted 5/21/2013 11:05:02 PM
Nope, it will be revealed at E3 that the PS4 will have the "used game fee." Why you ask? I can bet you that MS and Sony made an agreement with all the major game publishers/developers (with EA, Activision and Ubi being a huge proponent on DRM methods) for this feature. Otherwise, why would EA drop their Online Pass (other than not selling too well for those who purchase their games used)?

Yeah, I'm afraid you're absolutely correct.
---
---
"THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" - Bobby Hill
#6THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 5/21/2013 11:05:46 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...

I'm expecting this aswell.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#7demesjos2Posted 5/21/2013 11:07:51 PM
Sony has stated before they were not going to block used games. I'm sure they are looking at the back lash MS is getting right now and is going to not follow suit. Publishers will probably looking at the MS backlash too, other than EA.
#8Jinzo 111887Posted 5/21/2013 11:22:08 PM
Microsoft's going to get sued for their stupidity, trust me. Europe, Valve is being sued over not obeying a ruling that legalized used digital sales. If Xbox one tries to fight them, the system may be forced to to drop the used game fee by law. If Sony's smart, they wouldn't risk the lawsuit.
---
"Michael Vick was arrested for getting in an assault plane and shooting down other planes?" - L0Z
#9AltimisPosted 5/21/2013 11:29:19 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...

They dropped the online pass system because they realised that you can make more money through micro-transactions.
#10KittenLinaPosted 5/21/2013 11:31:18 PM
Altimis posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...

They dropped the online pass system because they realised that you can make more money through micro-transactions.

Online passes were never from Sony. I'll change my opinion on that if you can provide proof.

Online passes were because developers wanted a piece of the profits from used games, the biggest and first advocate of that has announced to not be doing that any more. Wonder why...
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.