Serious qeustion: Do Playstation fans (notice not fanboys) dislike Halo/Gears?

#1devildog17Posted 5/24/2013 7:20:11 AM
It seems people who support either system have a need to dislike the other systems exclusives, which I find irrational. I think Halo is a great game that would be enjoyed by most unless you went into it with a negative attitude. Personally, I would love to be able to buy God of War of some other Playstation exclusivces for Xbox.

What are your guys' thoughts?
---
Spose.
#2Silent Sniper IVPosted 5/24/2013 7:26:01 AM(edited)
I own both systems and dislike halo/gears. It's part of the reason I'll probably sell my 360 soon, since those seem to be the only real exclusives to the system. That could be part of the reason a lot of PS3 fans don't like the 360. Back in 2007 or so I would have said otherwise since 360 had a lot of 'timed' exclusives that PS3 eventually got later on down the line, but now it's not really the case. At this point I feel like the only 360 game I can't play on PS3/PC that I would miss replaying is ace combat 6.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#3DrGonzo615Posted 5/24/2013 7:23:51 AM
I played Halo 1 through 3 and they are good games, but I never felt "wowed" by them.

Gears is great through, played the first and the second and really enjoyed them. I would definitely love a version of Gears coming to a Sony console (I know that's never going to happen though)
---
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg
#4highwindmtPosted 5/24/2013 7:23:58 AM
They are really good franchises, but I dont understand the extreme love for them (especially Halo). And just like a some of Sonys IPs, they are getting kinda stale.
---
PSN: insane_method
GT: FozzieBearr
#5Lozh900Posted 5/24/2013 7:23:59 AM
I enjoy those games, my only issue is how I get to play that game. It could be the greatest set of games in the world but if I am dictated to how and when I must play and must jump through hopps to play these games then I wont buy the console or games.
That goes for ps4 as well btw.
---
Soon to be a Daddy ::: 360 GT : IamMoonL1ght / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / NNID WiiU ID : JenovaRebirth
#6Kyuubi4269Posted 5/24/2013 7:24:24 AM
I love Halo 2, got an Xbox just for it, but it was also the best game on xbox ever.
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders
#7chiefofsb78Posted 5/24/2013 7:27:18 AM
I don't like 360 or PS3 exclusives except God of War of course & Playstation All Stars
#8White_Knight13Posted 5/24/2013 7:28:22 AM
I'm not a fan of either. Mostly because both genres are extremely drowned out and I only like to play one FPS/TPS at a time. I always pick what I feel is the best one and I don't think Halo or Gears are in that discussion.
#9devildog17(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:28:56 AM
I think the extreme love for Halo comes from the fact that it was an exclusive that was released with the release of the original Xbox and it actually ended up being a huge franchise. People who buy Xbox over Playstation kind of cling to it.

I think the games have went downhill, but I still buy almost every Halo book. I'm glad I got to play it and was introduced to the lore they created.
---
Spose.
#10sinncrossPosted 5/24/2013 7:31:52 AM
ive been interested in gears but only played the first a little.

played the first halo and though it was incredibly overhyped.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Try my LBP2 level http://lbp.me/v/jyqe5v Japan is so nice!