all PS4 games will be day 1 digital

#1cedricthegreatPosted 5/24/2013 9:25:20 PM
I think I will get 40% of my PS4 games via digital download and 60% on disc. I am sucker for a good collectors edition and hopefully those pre-order bonuses/dlc deals start applying to digital downloads also.

Sony will have the big AAA titles available for download at 12AM also.
---
everyone plays video games I want to make them
#2Dr_KainPosted 5/24/2013 9:27:40 PM
I only buy physical copies and will continue to only buy physical copies. I want to put it on my shelf to display with other games in the series. Other games on that console. I want to have the choice to sell it or not if I don't like. Or if I realize after 2 years of owning it I never touched it after beating it the first time.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#3DarkFistsPosted 5/24/2013 9:35:09 PM
I'll probably get most CH games digital, and maybe some of the open world games bound to come out...but about 85-90 percent of my collection will be physical, even if we get a 500 GB-1TB console
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#4DeathProfitPosted 5/24/2013 10:40:53 PM
I like owning physical copies. If the hard drive ever fails, there goes all my stuff. But discs (as long as they're taken care of) will last. Plus I prefer knowing that I have a physical object rather than just a file.
---
"Here abandoned in my fame, armageddon of the brain..." - Michael Jackson
- Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous. -
#5DarkFistsPosted 5/24/2013 10:42:34 PM
DeathProfit posted...
I like owning physical copies. If the hard drive ever fails, there goes all my stuff. But discs (as long as they're taken care of) will last. Plus I prefer knowing that I have a physical object rather than just a file.

Same here, which is why I said 85-90 percent will be physical. There's just some games it's easier to download, or some that are of course, DD only
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#6KittenLinaPosted 5/24/2013 10:49:23 PM
Day 1 digital as in "I'm going to the store anyway so I might as well get my game there instead of waiting for the PSStore to download/install it for the same price." Day one?

Yeeeeeeah...
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#7supermoc10Posted 5/24/2013 10:55:34 PM
I'm getting all of my games digitally next-gen.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#8xXKira_KiraXxPosted 5/24/2013 11:05:58 PM
KittenLina posted...
Day 1 digital as in "I'm going to the store anyway so I might as well get my game there instead of waiting for the PSStore to download/install it for the same price." Day one?

Yeeeeeeah...

Can't you still play the game while its downloading on the PS4? Like no wait time at all.
---
PSN & PS4/XBL & X1: Kira321
#9Flare1721Posted 5/24/2013 11:25:33 PM
xXKira_KiraXx posted...
KittenLina posted...

Yeeeeeeah...

Can't you still play the game while its downloading on the PS4? Like no wait time at all.

Boo ya!
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#10ManInGorillaSutPosted 5/24/2013 11:37:52 PM
Consider how large the average PS4 game will probably be, I'll need at LEAST a 1TB HDD before even considering digital PS4 games...
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO