Guys blocking used games is good for the industry.

#1AnthonM2Posted 5/27/2013 8:27:54 AM(edited)
In Japan used games were banned before, since we care for this hobby we should support this, devs will put their hearts more in the game if they know for sure it will not be sold second hand or pirated, and games will even have much higher budget.
#2SirisS-G-PPosted 5/27/2013 8:25:33 AM
I have no problem with blocking used games.
#3ImpulseDOMPosted 5/27/2013 8:26:58 AM(edited)
In order for a game to be sold used, it must have been purchased in the first place as new. The developer already got their money. The people whom waited to get the game used didn't care enough for the release in the first place. The only benefit being DLC/Online passes purchased to make up.

Used game sales created revenue for game developers. I'd rather have online passes on every game than have to pay the proposed price of $52 for a used game when I can buy it new for less.
---
PSN: ImpulseDOM-
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6136/ev9ngy.gif
#4ITPPosted 5/27/2013 8:27:28 AM
Ummm... no it isn't? who are you to tell me I can't borrow a game from a friend? that's ridiculous.
#5lordofthenlpplePosted 5/27/2013 8:28:22 AM
Its just bad policy and a slippery slope for more abuse. DRM taken to the next level would require you to rent your games. And they will claim that its to pay for updates and bug fixes.
---
Liu Ye the Magnificent
#6mtjormitchPosted 5/27/2013 8:31:10 AM
Most games that are bought in Japan are used. I am not joking in saying their used game market is twice to three times as big as ours.

Sony blocking used games in their own home country is literally like taking a 50. Caliber sniper rifle to the face in terms of sheer stupidity.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#7Zangan_ZackPosted 5/27/2013 8:32:46 AM
It's just going to hurt sales. People are already less inclined to buy games with the economy the way it is, but backwards policies like these just make it considerably less desirable.
---
The official Seraph of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
CP: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Bioshock Infinite, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
#8thegreatsquarePosted 5/27/2013 8:37:20 AM
So who is going to buy new, unproven IPs at full price that might not have any resale value?

Will companies continue to invest in new IPs when they won't sell?

Who is going to buy the same sports game year after year?

Are consumers is going to keep track of which used games have added fees from the publishers and which don't or are they going to avoid them all?

The industry is going to collapse if this policy takes hold because anything that isn't an AAA title will sit on the shelves more and more as people get fed up.
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#9grampamurkedPosted 5/27/2013 8:40:59 AM
Zangan_Zack posted...
It's just going to hurt sales. People are already less inclined to buy games with the economy the way it is, but backwards policies like these just make it considerably less desirable.

Nonsense. I buy all my games new and it matters not if there is a used one available or not. Saving 5 bucks is not worth cutting the devs out of the transaction.
---
New user...long time lurker.
#10Prince ShondronaiPosted 5/27/2013 8:41:01 AM
How about everybody backs Nintendo or at least sticks with their old systems for the next few years, publishers realize their anti-consumer ways are bad for business, Sony and Microsoft patch their systems to remove DRM, and we all win?
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.