RUMOR: New Bloody Roar to be exclusive to PS4

#1-NotoriousLynxPosted 5/28/2013 11:39:59 PM
Sony may be getting a new (old) fighting franchise exclusive to their system. Currently, according to an undisclosed source at SCEA, Sony is in talks with Konami (who dissolved Hudson and gained rights to their franchises last year) to bring back the old franchise, Beastorizer. Better known as Bloody Roar. The word is Sony has approached Konami with the idea of reviving the franchise on the Playstation 4. The chance of this becoming exclusive is high as Sony themselves will be paying part of the development cost. Similar to the way Nintendo has paid for Bayonetta 2.

There are some very good things that can come of this. For one, it would give Sony their own fighting game outside of the other third party ones they share with the competing systems. Bloody Roar isn't anywhere near as big as the Street Fighters, Tekkens,or Dead or Alives of the world. But this would be a great new start for the franchise. Especially if it turns out to be a launch title.

E3 is only a couple of weeks away, so if we're lucky, there will be some truth to the rumor.

Source: http://www.playstationgamerleague.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playstation-4/rumor-bloody-roar-may-be-coming-exclusively-to-r34

I would love this. Bloody Roar 2 was my first fightan game. I played as the mole. I really like the article addressed the fact it would give Sony an exclusive fighting game series. They tackled mostly every genre, and while Tekken had strong ties with the PS brand, the bond isn't exactly that strong anymore.

Bloody Roar wasn't the best game ever, it sure was cool as hell though. A reboot would bring new life into the series and could make Bloody Roar an actual fighting series on par with the other big ones, like Tekken and Street Fighter.

The rumor, admittedly, looks mostly fake, but hey, rumors are fun, and discussing them is fun as well. So, new Bloody Roar for PS4, thoughts?
#2lovemehatePosted 5/28/2013 11:42:15 PM
I would love this....
great games, fun combos.
#3gbaSPmasterPosted 5/28/2013 11:46:00 PM
Very good as I GUARANTEE Microsoft will be showing there own exclusive fighting game (Killer Instinct) at E3
---
PSN: Lifetimechaldo . THE master
6/2/10 - Armando Galarraga pitched the 21st perfect game in MLB history
#4GoombaXPosted 5/28/2013 11:47:41 PM
should be primal rage instead >_>
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
Currently Playing: SMT: Nocturne, LoZ: MM, MvC 2, DKC 2
#5-NotoriousLynx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 11:48:49 PM
gbaSPmaster posted...
Very good as I GUARANTEE Microsoft will be showing there own exclusive fighting game (Killer Instinct) at E3

Rare would likely develop KI3 and New Rare is crap.

Anyway, googled Killer Instinct to see the likelihood of a third one and found this quote:

In an August 2012 interview, Rare veteran Donnchadh Murphy said, "We all wanted to make KI3, but Microsoft [was] more interested in broadening their demographic than making another fighting game. So it never got made, I doubt it ever will.
#6diebuster2Posted 5/28/2013 11:50:32 PM
Bloody Oath! Give it to me!
---
Xbox go home.
#7methosagainPosted 5/29/2013 12:20:11 AM
I just cannot see Sony footing the bill for a reboot of a series that was never that popular or good to begin with
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#8EoinPosted 5/29/2013 12:58:12 AM
methosagain posted...
I just cannot see Sony footing the bill for a reboot of a series that was never that popular or good to begin with

I think it's very unlikely, but I can imagine a few scenarios where they'd think it worthwhile. A fairly basic reboot of the series appearing on PSN at launch for a low price wouldn't cost that much, would let Konami gauge interest in the series and would ensure that Sony had a fighting game there for launch.

The brand would also mean very little pressure from the fighting game community - nobody is going to expect a new Bloody Roar game to have the same level of depth or balance as Street Fighter or Tekken or Virtua Fighter or King of Fighters, since none of the previous Bloody Roar games did.

-NotoriousLynx posted...
Rare would likely develop KI3 and New Rare is crap.

Perhaps, but it's still a powerful brand for a few people.
#9Bob the AlmightyPosted 5/29/2013 1:08:56 AM
Xbox One gets Killer Instinct. PS4 gets Bloody Roar.

Sorry guys but XB1 wins this round. :p
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#10HeavyLightPosted 5/29/2013 1:12:29 AM
i miss shenlong, Uriko, xion
kicking butts online with those char are nice