PS4 vs PS3 vs PS2 vs PS1 GRAPHICS (HD 1080P)

#1jokingpeoPosted 6/2/2013 3:57:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQgogxMgcpA

We aren't getting that massive resolution bump like from ps2 to ps3, but particle effects, physics and complexity are taking just as big a leap as any other before.
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/2/2013 4:39:41 PM
Pretty bad comparison. Looks like a lot of the older footage was emulated, and the examples used are pretty poor already.
---
Want that Shield!
#3jrb363Posted 6/2/2013 4:47:06 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Pretty bad comparison. Looks like a lot of the older footage was emulated, and the examples used are pretty poor already.

I disagree. I don't think the graphics on the PSX were as awful as everybody remembers. Sure they weren't pretty compared to what we have today but they weren't ugly. If they were then the SNES/Genesis are downright unplayable and that isn't even close to being true.

I find it to be a pretty interesting comparison. Sure I would have used a few different examples but it's obvious to anybody we're living in a golden age of graphics. Story and gameplay is up for debate but I thought I would be my Dad's age (50+) before I saw games with real time graphics as good as we're expecting next generation.

Edit: Not to even mention the advancements in weather, lighting and A.I.
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/2/2013 4:51:33 PM
jrb363 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I disagree. I don't think the graphics on the PSX were as awful as everybody remembers. Sure they weren't pretty compared to what we have today but they weren't ugly. If they were then the SNES/Genesis are downright unplayable and that isn't even close to being true.

I find it to be a pretty interesting comparison. Sure I would have used a few different examples but it's obvious to anybody we're living in a golden age of graphics. Story and gameplay is up for debate but I thought I would be my Dad's age (50+) before I saw games with real time graphics as good as we're expecting next generation.

I have a PS1. They were worse than everyone remembers.
Not to say things haven't advanced a lot or to downplay this generation's upgrade. The comparison was just bad is all.
---
Want that Shield!
#5Weltall548Posted 6/2/2013 5:21:25 PM
jrb363 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Ps1 graphics have ages worse than SNES graphics.
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#6Weltall548Posted 6/2/2013 5:22:33 PM
Weltall548 posted...
jrb363 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Ps1 graphics have aged worse than SNES graphics.

Fixed. I can't wait to unlock post editing.
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#7FayeLadyPosted 6/2/2013 5:30:31 PM
Weltall548 posted...
jrb363 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Ps1 graphics have ages worse than SNES graphics.

It really depends on the style of game. I would say DKC2 looks better than many games on the PS1, but SFA3 looks better than most games on the SNES.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8JusticeSwordPosted 6/2/2013 6:02:12 PM
I think its the 2d cartoonish aspect that keeps SNES/Megadrive games from aging, clear cut lines, Basic colouring etc...
The ps1 had higher resolution but without AA or a decent upscaler it doesnt look so good, it looks decent on a ps3, better than the original, but not by much.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#9MajesticFerretPosted 6/2/2013 7:08:20 PM
TBF, if this video shows anything it's that if you render everything in HD, the jumps aren't as substantial as we'd all like to think.

Hell, when you compare HD PS2 games to PS3 games, the jump really isn't that large. I'd say the PS1 to PS2 jump is the most noticable with the PS3 to PS4 jump coming in 2nd though the PS4 games were mostly composed of tech. demos and cut scenes, which isn't exactly fair.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#10kingrat2314Posted 6/3/2013 12:12:59 AM
jokingpeo posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQgogxMgcpA

We aren't getting that massive resolution bump like from ps2 to ps3, but particle effects, physics and complexity are taking just as big a leap as any other before.

Thank goodness.
---
This Holiday season, Xbox One will allow you to gesture at the screen and pretend you're playing games on a VCR!