Witcher 3 PS4 exclusive?

#11sinncrossPosted 6/3/2013 10:19:56 PM
I dont think the TC is questioning a PC release... he is talking about consoles primarily I am sure.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#12EnclavePosted 6/3/2013 10:25:47 PM
sinncross posted...
I dont think the TC is questioning a PC release... he is talking about consoles primarily I am sure.

People really have to stop ignoring PC when saying if something is exclusive or not. If it comes out on a console and on PC then it's not exclusive.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#13VanderZooPosted 6/3/2013 10:26:31 PM
That would never happen. People keep bringing up hwo CDPR hates DRM. But that's when they can control it, they're not so ultruistic that they won't release a game on a platform because it has DRM. If that were true there wouldn't be a Steam version either.

And it's not that they hate DRM, they just don't think it's effective. Remember, CDPR is one of the only companies to actually personally go after people they thought pirated the game. They want to protect their IP's as much as the next person, they probably like Xbox's stance on DRM.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#14EnclavePosted 6/3/2013 10:33:28 PM
VanderZoo posted...
That would never happen. People keep bringing up hwo CDPR hates DRM. But that's when they can control it, they're not so ultruistic that they won't release a game on a platform because it has DRM. If that were true there wouldn't be a Steam version either.

And it's not that they hate DRM, they just don't think it's effective. Remember, CDPR is one of the only companies to actually personally go after people they thought pirated the game. They want to protect their IP's as much as the next person, they probably like Xbox's stance on DRM.

All I'm saying is IF it were to release on only one console the DRM issue very well could be enough to get them to release on the PS4 or Wii U over the Xbone.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#15TauriLeaderPosted 6/3/2013 11:10:18 PM
I am expecting it at Microsoft's E3 conference with exclusive DLC or something to that effect
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#16UniversquallPosted 6/3/2013 11:17:28 PM
200 million for timed dlc for The Witcher 3=Bargain.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#17TonyKojima(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 9:59:48 AM
TauriLeader posted...
I am expecting it at Microsoft's E3 conference with exclusive DLC or something to that effect

LOL If anything it will be for SONY.
---
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56
#18thefinalzapkeetPosted 6/4/2013 10:57:53 AM
TonyKojima posted...
With the PS4 being the most anticipated console in history its not surprise the Witcher 3 may be PS4 exclusive. The fact is the PS4 offers superior hardware, the most advanced and most anticipated online gaming network ever seen, all for free I might add. And of the the level of developer praise is unprecedented for the PS4, nothing but positive press. A sign its competitor is destined for failure, which may be the case. Its great to be a SONY gamer! Sony continues to push the envelop in gaming with out Sony its quite possible gaming would be nonexistent today!!

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/2013/05/24/cdpr-refuses-to-confirm-the-witcher-3-for-xbone-ps4-console-exclusive/

i'm pretty sure sonydefenseforce.com is a parody website

regardless, it's not going to be exclusive for the PS4. At the very least it might be PS4/PC, but the chances of that happening are pretty much null since the Witcher 2 came out for the xbox 360 and PS3. Not saying that it never happens, but it's very rare someone would switch like that. And it's even rarer when a game is exclusive to the PC and Sony console

also, did you really call the PS4 the most anticipated console in history? The Wii absolutely has killed any console in history anticipation wise, and that hasn't really changed
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 45
#19SxmfctPosted 6/4/2013 10:58:49 AM
Man, I can't even imagine how bad TW2 would be on a console, TW3 will probably be worse!

Limited hotkeys, horrible camera controls, horrible player controls..ugh, it doesn't even bare thinking about
#20spikes1471Posted 6/4/2013 2:57:19 PM
Dicer7 posted...
I think the only reason The Witcher 2 never made it to PS3 was because the architecture of the 360 and PC were close enough to make a port easy. PS3 architecture would be more work and CDPR are too small to have the luxury of spending more money to figure out the PS3. I don't think CDPR are really all that tight with MS in reality.

A PS4 exclusive is unlikely, but I think it's within the realm of possibility. CDPR are very anti-DRM, and Sony seems to be basically all about giving options to the publishers and developers. It'll probably still be multiplat but the PS4 version won't have DRM if I had to guess.

No, they didn't make it for the PS3 because of how expensive it would be to make it for PS3. Development cost, publishing etc. They could of easily made it for PS4 but instead not.