Is the Playstation Network going to be improved for the PS4?

#1WarBeaglePosted 6/4/2013 1:55:53 PM
Based on what we have heard so far, the PS4 seems like it's slightly better than the XB1 (and this is coming from someone who prefers the 360 this generation). That said, I am still leaning towards the XB1 at this point almost solely because of Xbox Live. The Playstation Network is simply a giant steaming pile of **** compared the XBL in virtually every way possible.

Has Sony said if they have plans to improve it? I'll eventually buy both consoles but I'm trying to figure out which to buy first. Given the similar hardware specs, which one I get first will probably come down to whether or not the PSN is still slow as molasses and generally awful.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#2Shaolin015Posted 6/4/2013 1:58:27 PM
WarBeagle posted...
Based on what we have heard so far, the PS4 seems like it's slightly better than the XB1 (and this is coming from someone who prefers the 360 this generation). That said, I am still leaning towards the XB1 at this point almost solely because of Xbox Live. The Playstation Network is simply a giant steaming pile of **** compared the XBL in virtually every way possible.

Has Sony said if they have plans to improve it? I'll eventually buy both consoles but I'm trying to figure out which to buy first. Given the similar hardware specs, which one I get first will probably come down to whether or not the PSN is still slow as molasses and generally awful.

They have plans to but Sony has always been awful at user interfaces since day one of the company. Not just gaming division
#3Digi25Posted 6/4/2013 2:13:01 PM
WarBeagle posted...

What did Sony add to it to make it better
#4WarBeagle(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2013 3:23:22 PM
Digi25 posted...
WarBeagle posted...

Supposedly the hardware specs are SLIGHTLY better on the PS4. I also am not a fan of the always on connection, even though I won't be affected by it. I also do not want to have to deal with Kinect, though it seems I will have to deal with the PS Eye if I get a PS4.

I'll probably end up mostly playing PC anyway.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#5TonyKojimaPosted 6/4/2013 3:37:33 PM
WarBeagle posted...
Digi25 posted...
WarBeagle posted...

Supposedly the hardware specs are SLIGHTLY better on the PS4. I also am not a fan of the always on connection, even though I won't be affected by it. I also do not want to have to deal with Kinect, though it seems I will have to deal with the PS Eye if I get a PS4.

I'll probably end up mostly playing PC anyway.

50% better is now only slightly? lol
---
Though the XBOX 360 is good in theory, it's hardware limitations say otherwise - Hideo Kojima
PSN - Guncrazy56
#6parthos566Posted 6/4/2013 3:40:34 PM
I would imagine that they would most likely add more/upgrade their servers for traffic support with all the new social features and cloud based gaming and maybe offloading computational tasks on the cloud.
---
PSN: Mastadope42
The PC is the PS3 of the 8th Gen Console Race.
#7skermacPosted 6/4/2013 3:49:32 PM
My guess is the PSN will not change at all. They will probably add a PS4 category to the store and that's the only change.
#8SDFan18Posted 6/4/2013 4:49:23 PM(edited)
It's gonna have cross-game party chat, which is literally the only thing I found Live to have on the PSN. Games don't run better on Live compared to PSN, considering most games are peer to peer anyways, you're game stability relies on the host it's connected to.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
http://psnprofiles.com/BBFaNaTiC86
#9parthos566Posted 6/4/2013 4:51:06 PM
SDFan18 posted...
It's gonna have cross-game party chat. Games don't run better on Live compared to PSN, considering most games are peer to peer anyways.

How dare you....How freaking dare you!!! I still live in 2008 and Xbox Live is so superior darn-it. PSN is so slow, and just psh psh I just scoff at the unsophisticated UI, I mean how do I even navigate across such a mess.
---
PSN: Mastadope42
The PC is the PS3 of the 8th Gen Console Race.
#10Kyuubi4269Posted 6/4/2013 5:01:45 PM
Remember when the PS Store was blue and smooth? Then out of nowhere it went black, 2d, pixelated and jumpy?
---
If your shop is getting shot by an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get an arrow in the knee.
PSN: Lord_of_Cinders