Anyone hope that you can change your PSN ID on PS4

#1s2goodPosted 6/5/2013 12:08:33 AM
Really hope so.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? Got to many trophies to start fresh.
---
XBLIVE - Sonic B0000M NNID - Sonic_B0000M
PSN - Dragon--Punch STEAM - Sonic B0000M
#2Bob the AlmightyPosted 6/5/2013 2:32:27 AM
I don't think you will be able to. The PS3, the PSP, and the Vita all use the same PSN ID. I don't see why the PS4 will be any different. Seems like a lot of work on Sony's part.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#3tzuydPosted 6/5/2013 2:37:42 AM
Actually, yes. Indirectly. Because they confirmed at their launch announcement that the PS4 won't be using the PSN. So we will ALL get to create a new account on whatever their new service is called, and I'll probably lose my awesome name with no numbers because to hell with buying this on day one. Wah.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#4Bob the AlmightyPosted 6/5/2013 2:47:39 AM(edited)
How would that even work? I doubt Sony wants to manage twice the accounts. Plus what if you have money in your PSN wallet or another eighteen months on your PS+ service? You really think people are going to manage a PS3 account and a PS4 account?

When Sony talked about Gaikai and someone asked about games you already bought on PS3 Sony said something to the effect of "Yes we have a list of everything people bought on PSN" or whatever. I took that to mean PS1 and PS2 Classics (for example) that you purchased on PS3 you would be able to stream/download/whatever on PS4 without paying for them again.

[edit] And the PS4 still uses the PSN (don't know where you got the idea that it doesn't from):

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130221a_e.html

PS4 also fluidly connects players to the larger world of experiences offered by PlayStation, across the console and mobile spaces, and PlayStation® Network (PSN).

---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#5AwayFromHerePosted 6/5/2013 3:39:21 AM
tzuyd posted...
Actually, yes. Indirectly. Because they confirmed at their launch announcement that the PS4 won't be using the PSN. So we will ALL get to create a new account on whatever their new service is called, and I'll probably lose my awesome name with no numbers because to hell with buying this on day one. Wah.

Gotta love the trolls making up crap.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#6steelix55Posted 6/5/2013 4:26:52 AM
I hope so. If Xbox 360 can do it, I don't know why PS4 couldn't.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#7w3inerschnitzelPosted 6/5/2013 11:45:30 AM
tzuyd posted...

If it's free online again, get someone to make an account with the username you want and then transfer it to your system when you get it. Or, if they don;t allow transferring for whatever reason, get them to delete it so you can claim it. I plan on getting mine at launch.. but not Midnight Release
---
nosig
#8w3inerschnitzelPosted 6/5/2013 11:46:30 AM
steelix55 posted...
I hope so. If Xbox 360 can do it, I don't know why PS4 couldn't.

PS3 can do it too.... but only with Japanese accounts for some reason. They never allowed it for NA or EU accounts.
---
nosig
#9deathslovePosted 6/5/2013 12:47:37 PM
w3inerschnitzel posted...
tzuyd posted...

If it's free online again, get someone to make an account with the username you want and then transfer it to your system when you get it. Or, if they don;t allow transferring for whatever reason, get them to delete it so you can claim it. I plan on getting mine at launch.. but not Midnight Release

We won't have to make new accounts.........that guy is just some random troll making stuff up.
---
Final Fantasy XIV- August 27 (PS3/PC)