Who else is gonna play their PS4 on an SDTV?

#31HIroChuPosted 6/7/2013 9:32:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32boosh61Posted 6/7/2013 9:37:50 PM
Might as well get a Wii U and play on the gamepad if your only option is an SDTV. The PS4 might actually look blurry on that..
---
I want the old Gamefaqs layout and shade of blue back
#33deimos91Posted 6/7/2013 10:44:38 PM
PsienceWins posted...
deimos91 posted...
PsienceWins posted...
Poor people. That's who.

Sorry we dont all live off mommy and daddy

I don't know my dad...

And it's not that hard to get a college education and go into a field that will make you money. I mean with all the college grants and loans available anyone could get a well paying job. I'm not well off, but I make 45K a year which more than pays for my mortgage, other bills, and electronic hobbies while being able to put away money into my 401K/retirement fund. I already own my car so I won't calculate that into the mix.

Have a family member in the military? There is a grant for that.

Are you part of a minority? There is a grant for that?

Are you the first generation of your family to attempt to attend college? There is a grant for that.

Starting college at 30? There is a grant for that.

Get an education and elevate your status in life.

Funny how everything you mentioned me for example would not qualify my family has never served in the military since the civil war i am white my mother went to college and i am 22 with Duties that do not allow me to leave and go to college for hours a day
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#34deimos91Posted 6/7/2013 10:47:13 PM
Voxwik posted...
HDTVs now cost less than SDTVs did even ignoring inflation, so while I think SDTV support was important for the last console generation, I feel that time has passed personally. (Sale price of some 42" TVs now costs less than my old 27" SDTV did years ago.) Unlike in 2006, it's much easier to justify the cost of an HDTV.

Also, the posts mocking "poor people" disgust me but I'm not going to waste my time giving them any response other than that.

I have had my TV since i was 16 42 Inch SDTV that works fine i only game on it and image quality doesnt bother me The only reason i would need one is if i had to get one
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#35ArkonBladePosted 6/7/2013 10:57:17 PM
I haven't been on a SDTV since 2006. Upgraded to a 50" Hitachi rear projection LCD TV back then which was 1080I. Then went to a 55" Samsung LCD that was 1080P . Now I am on a 50" LG 3d LCD TV that is 1080P.

I don't think I know any one that is still on a SDTV any more.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#36Jack_Ryder_2013Posted 6/7/2013 11:02:10 PM
If you cant even afford an hdtv how can you afford a ps4? Might be time for a new hobby
#37KarnRX78Posted 6/7/2013 11:35:35 PM
When I visited my Grandparents last fall they still have SDTVs, and the one the hotels on my way back had SDTVs. My god I can't believe we watched stuff on them. Aside from the picture quality, the sound was just horrid.

Considering the price of HDTVs now its worth upgrading. Just getting the space that is being taken up by a SDTV is nearly worth it alone.

Now if you are poor, you probably are not getting a PS4, let alone looking through GameFaqs threads with your time. Doing some more important things than dealing with 1st world problems.
#38calhoun1389Posted 6/8/2013 12:34:42 AM
Jack_Ryder_2013 posted...
If you cant even afford an hdtv how can you afford a ps4? Might be time for a new hobby

I can afford an HDTV if I needed one, but since my SDTV that I've had for 10 years is still in (near) perfect working order, I'm not putting out more money for a new TV.
---
You can't spell "Subtext" without "Buttsex" - Robert Downey Jr.
Playing: Medal of Honor: Warfighter; Battlefield 3; Final Fantasy VII
#39THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 6/8/2013 12:51:05 AM
calhoun1389 posted...

I can afford an HDTV if I needed one, but since my SDTV that I've had for 10 years is still in (near) perfect working order, I'm not putting out more money for a new TV.

Personally, I can understand your position on the TV situation. However, don't complain when HD games look and sound horrible and in-game text is too small on your TV when you're choosing not to upgrade to HD. Not accusing you of complaining, rather it's for future reference.

Like when Libertarians complain about Barack Obama, yet they insisted on not voting Mitt Romney this last presidential election. Instead they chose to stay home and not participate. Don't complain about something when you choose not to do anything about it.
#40KarnRX78Posted 6/8/2013 12:58:56 AM
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
calhoun1389 posted...

Personally, I can understand your position on the TV situation. However, don't complain when HD games look and sound horrible and in-game text is too small on your TV when you're choosing not to upgrade to HD. Not accusing you of complaining, rather it's for future reference.

Like when Libertarians complain about Barack Obama, yet they insisted on not voting Mitt Romney this last presidential election. Instead they chose to stay home and not participate. Don't complain about something when you choose not to do anything about it.

That is why I want to punch Libertarians in the face. They complain and complain.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and upgrade. Your eyes will thank you.