PS4 FAQs V2.0

#101MoegittoPosted 6/17/2013 7:55:48 AM
telkomsel posted...
I just read the PS4 FAQs V2.0 information specs, and I have several questions on the quoted info:

Backwards Compatible?
Yes. Available in 2014 Gaikai (own section) will allow PS3 backwards compatability.

Gaikai
Gaikai has been integrated into the playstation hardware and software to help reduce the time you are waiting to play games. With the new store system you will be able to download part of the game and Gaikai will slowly stream the rest of the game to you eventually having the full game downloaded to your hard drive. Basically Gaikai reduces the wall between you and digital games.

Cloud Service available in 2014. Allows PS3 BC.

QUESTION:
From the quoted FAQs above, I don't really quite understand what it means.

(2) Does this mean that the PS4 is NOW backward compatible?

-Not physically, Gaikai will allow you to stream old Sony games. Don't expect all of them though, the games will still need to go through the same process as if they were going on the PSN.

(3) Or do we need to wait for the year 2014 for the PS4 to have backward compatibility to the PS3?

-Yes, Gaikai won't be up until early 2014
(4) Does the word "backward compatibility" means that we can play our PS3 Blu-Ray Disc in the PS4 console?

-That's what it means, but people are using the term wrong.The PS4 IS NOT backwards compatible, it'll only stream the games like OnLive does.

(5) Or does the word "backward compatibility" means that we can play the PS3 games in the PS4 console via purchasing the game in the PSN Store?

-Close, like said Gaikai.

(6) PS1 and PS2 games which being sold in the PSN Store still can be played in the PS4 console right?

-They haven't announced yet.

Thanks a bunch for your info.
Cheers :-)

---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#102MoegittoPosted 6/17/2013 7:58:22 AM
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

Just wanted to add this here since this is a sticky (not trying to steal TC's thunder ;P), it has the specs directly from Sony. I found out it has a headset with it, so hopefully this answers other peoples questions regarding the physical system.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#103GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 10:52:04 PM
A_Someone_Else posted...
One thing I would have liked to see:

"What does the box include?"

At only $400, I want to know if it even comes with a controller and HDMI cable.
(The controllers are $60 bucks after all, and the console alone is pushing it for $400.)

Does anyone even know this info?

Yes comes with a controller and hdmi cable, as well as a mic. This was released after the FAQ was made.

THMBZDownGNZUp
Most of that list in the OP is either rumor or flat-out wrong. Can't believe the mods ignored my PlayStation 4 FAQs sticky request, but they let this wish list get by.

Sorry? All of this has been confirmed though.

telkomsel
(1) Could someone please enlighten me?

(2) Does this mean that the PS4 is NOW backward compatible? not yet
(3) Or do we need to wait for the year 2014 for the PS4 to have backward compatibility to the PS3? yes
(4) Does the word "backward compatibility" means that we can play our PS3 Blu-Ray Disc in the PS4 console? no
(5) Or does the word "backward compatibility" means that we can play the PS3 games in the PS4 console via purchasing the game in the PSN Store? Must get it from the gaikai service. Might require seperate purchase.
(6) PS1 and PS2 games which being sold in the PSN Store still can be played in the PS4 console right? nope. no info on that being worked on either.

DarkD3stiny
Which companies are doing Xbox shaped controllers for the ps4 please?

None yet.

Also, this spec sheet has been posted several times, so here it is again: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf
---
Greatness Awaits!
PS4 FAQs V2 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/66414224
#104mafiafunPosted 6/22/2013 2:01:16 PM
Seems like a solid system.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#105BriankblPosted 6/23/2013 9:05:37 AM
Nice thread, TC!
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#106GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:52:48 PM
Briankbl posted...
Nice thread, TC!

Thank you!~ I look forward to more information coming in.
---
Greatness Awaits!
PS4 FAQs V2 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/66414224
#107karsanacPosted 6/26/2013 4:08:24 AM
Thanks! Great Preview! I already pre-ordered mine..
---
SSBB FC: 3007-7807-9725
PSN: Adidas19766
#108MrSVR06Posted 7/3/2013 10:21:48 AM
My question is Xbox 1 has a "partnership" with ESPN, so will the PS4 have the ESPN app or will that become an XB1 exclusive?
---
What didn't Diddy Do!?
#109NeonivekPosted 7/4/2013 1:20:24 PM(edited)
I would think that in a PS4 FAQ one of the most important things that could go on the front page is the fact that you NEED a Playstation+ (or whatever the "faster internet") for the PS4 just to play online. (that there is no more free account)

Or if that isn't true: that it isn't true.

Especially since it really racks up for people who like playing with internet access once in a while, but who can go months without doing so.
#110Shad0wg00nPosted 7/4/2013 10:47:25 PM
Just a correction: PS4 is HDMI only so component, composite, RF, and coaxial...well okay, maybe not coaxial will require an adaptor.