PS4 shortage starting in UK ?

#1kyncaniPosted 8/1/2013 7:50:28 AM
Hi everyone,

"""PS4 pre-orders placed after Monday will not likely be fulfilled on release day, due to intense demand for the next-generation console, Sony has informed retail partners."""

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/421873/sony-to-impose-uk-wide-limit-on-ps4-pre-orders/

And so it begins ...

I got mine pre-ordered already :)
#2Pirate700Posted 8/1/2013 8:09:45 AM
You should read it again. The shortage is for those that DO NOT pre-order. There is a pre-order cut-off. If you pre-order, you should have nothing to worry about.
#3godslayer61Posted 8/1/2013 9:02:34 AM
In Canada they have already stopped and then got the ok for more at best buy , not sure about eb games last time I checked they were at the max so no more pre orders. Future shop is getting close for the ps4 but xbone still have a lot left, they have around 200 ps4 ordered and 92 xbone at the Vancouver store but that was last week I have not worked since then so I am not sure how much stuff has changed in that time.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925
#4danny50Posted 8/1/2013 9:07:06 AM(edited)
I don't know what to do to be honest.
I would love to get a launch PS4, with Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs... But based on prices now, that would cost me just over 450.

I can afford it, but 55 for games is just not something I agree with...
#5SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/1/2013 9:11:40 AM
danny50 posted...
I would love to get a launch PS4, with Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs... But based on prices now, that would cost me just over 450.

So apart from the fact they're placeholder prices....
---
In a world where one man wanted orange, society deemed that he get lemon-lime...
Soda just got real.
#6kyncani(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 12:25:05 PM
danny50 posted...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've pre ordered anyway with a couple of games; what can I say : /me really wants it :D
#7danny50Posted 8/2/2013 1:36:35 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
danny50 posted...

You are right, but EA have confirmed 55 priced games, and therefore it is likely the case others will follow suit.
#8SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/2/2013 1:41:59 AM
danny50 posted...
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
danny50 posted...

You are right, but EA have confirmed 55 priced games, and therefore it is likely the case others will follow suit.

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. IMO, EA are doing what Activision did for CoD years ago and setting their own RRP...I think the standard RRP for most games now is 45-50..but stores obviously don't buy them for that and 35 is a pricepoint that sells. Games at launch will probably cost about 40-50, it's like that whenever a new format/console is introduced...I mean, I still remember when Blu Ray started in the UK, Kingdom of Heaven on Blu Ray with NO special features was 30. Then again that was HMV but still :P
---
In a world where one man wanted orange, society deemed that he get lemon-lime...
Soda just got real.
#9danny50Posted 8/2/2013 1:55:17 AM
I probably jumped the gun a bit, as ShopTo seem to have price points around the 50 mark. I will probably just preorder from them.
#10Jason_HudsonPosted 8/2/2013 2:41:11 AM
I'm still debating on whether to go with Amazon or ShopTo. ShopTo is who I go to for pre-orders due to them always being really good, but Amazon is much more likely to not run out.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay