PS4+Vita= $500 bundle.

#81DaltonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 12:10:57 PM
DerekRoss posted...
is Vita region free?

Imported physical games are region free!

as for PSN, you'd have to get a PSN account in the country you want. And you can only have one acc per vita.

But I am glad to see so many people embracing this. The Wii U should ditch the Gamepad infavor of a 3DS. Oh haha neither of them are capable of doing that!
#82JayGood259OzPosted 8/3/2013 4:18:43 PM
This would never happen. It'd pay 550 for it
#83THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 8/3/2013 4:37:15 PM(edited)
I've been advocating for a PS Vita combo bundle since a few months (September-ish) before Wii U released. At that time, Sony was about to release the PS3 Super Slim model, and with Wii U soon to be released in the coming months, I thought it would have been a great idea to F with Nintendo by releasing a PS3 SS + PS Vita combo bundle.

Because Sony will focus mainly on PS Vita at Gamescom, I hope a PS4 + PS Vita combo bundle is announced. I don't yet own a PS Vita, and I intend on getting a PS4, so if Sony announced a $500 PS4/PS Vita combo bundle I would be sold. Thus, I will patiently wait until Gamescom.
#84HomstarRunnerPosted 8/3/2013 6:10:29 PM
CasualGamers posted...
FayeLady posted...
CasualGamers posted...
Let me get this straight.

The Wii U + gamepad = gimmick
The PS4 + Vita = Genius?

lol.

Two platforms working in harmony is not the same as one platform needlessly cut in two.

Please, explain to me the difference.

I will be getting the vita-less sku for sure.

The Vita is its own system with its own games on top of the remote play functionality, rather than just an unnecessarily pricy controller/display
---
Yoshi's Story turned me into the jaded cynic I am today ~BringerOfPie
#85DaltonM(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 8:43:41 PM
I want to get another vita to sell it to my friend so I have someone to play NO GAMES with.

But seriously this is going to spawn more vita games!!
#86Agnostic420Posted 8/3/2013 9:55:11 PM
The_Nightwing posted...
SilverShadow881 posted...
This is great news. It would mean the following:

1) Sony IS keeping the promise of remote play
2) Vita will have a bigger user base because it will be bought by those who wanted it but were cautious or thought it was too expensive.
3) Since PS+ is now necessary fro PS4 online, people who buy this bundle will get more out of PS+ with the Vita games
4) Since it will have a bigger user base, devs will develop for Vita
5) Vita will be saved.

Smart move Sony.

This.
#87youngskillzPosted 8/3/2013 11:08:11 PM
very smart move if it happens.

can't believe some over at the xbone board are dismissing this an saying they'd rather have a kinect...smh.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Break of Dusk, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Solution .45, Destinity, Voices of Decay, Isolated.
#88mrjhwarPosted 8/3/2013 11:17:07 PM
youngskillz posted...
very smart move if it happens.

can't believe some over at the xbone board are dismissing this an saying they'd rather have a kinect...smh.

Which is weird considering some were saying they'd rather buy a system without Kinect for $500....
---
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?
#89MonopomanPosted 8/3/2013 11:38:49 PM
CasualGamers posted...
Let me get this straight.

The Wii U + gamepad = gimmick
The PS4 + Vita = Genius?

lol.

The Vita is a separate console that happens to work well with the PS4. Meanwhile the Wii U gamepad is just a huge controller that has some functionality with the Wii U. The Wii U controller does nothing when you are say 2 miles or further away from the Wii U itself even if you have a full charge on the controller.
#90NemerlightPosted 8/4/2013 1:57:59 AM
This will never happen. I mean how much money would Sony lose by giving away VITA for 100 dollars :O
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.