Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?
3 years ago#1
500 GB is way too small for storing games, and installing Blu-Rays is gonna take up like 40-50 GB of space, ya know? Why isn't Sony making 1 TB Hard Drives the standard in PS4s?
3 years ago#2
2 reasons, having the best is usually the most expensive... and 2nd, it will allow them to have upgraded units in months to come, same as the ps3
If this comment has offended you in any way, then this was probably the real Tacoman
3 years ago#3
No big deal. You can upgrade if you choose.
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II> PSN/XBL: Roivas2K7
3 years ago#4
I heard you can put any hard drive in the PS4 and upgrade it your self ?

From what I heard I thought you can take the 500 GB hard drive out of the PS4 and buy any laptop portable hard drive and put it in ? That's what I was planning on doing anyway.
3 years ago#5
it was easy enough to switch the ps3 hard drive, the only pain is you have to have a usb source hard drive to transfer, and yo uhave to format it. So technically it takes 2 additional hard drives... I will wait till they break the 1tb barrier and I max out the 500 gb, probably in 2 years.
If this comment has offended you in any way, then this was probably the real Tacoman
3 years ago#6
Where the hell you get the idea of having to install 40-50gb of data?
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
3 years ago#7
Because then the retail price of the system will increase.
3 years ago#8
Leagult posted...
Because then the retail price of the system will increase.

This. It wouldn't surprise me if at gamescom if they announce a terabyte or higher model for 100 bucks more.
psn: bdawgtimes84
3 years ago#9
You can upgrade the damn HDD. You'll get a better deal on it than you would if Sony included a 1tb drive. Heck for the cost of the 1tb drive they would have given us you could probably get a 2tb drive.
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
3 years ago#10
I noticed the higher in TB hard drives you get the higher failure rate of dying. So most laptops tend to stay under the 1 tb zone. I think it was the right decision to give you the option of doing it yourself so sony doesn't take the blame.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived