Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#11
Leagult posted...
Because then the retail price of the system will increase.

This^. You can also upgrade the Hard Drive if you want later on but,500 GB should be enough for most PS4 owners.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.

User Info: Itachi_12

Itachi_12
3 years ago#12
Would be awesome if they could let you put in something like a 1TB caviar black 3.5" HDD that thing is a monster.
PSN: Mr_shank

User Info: DarkFists

DarkFists
3 years ago#13
BSerenity posted...
Where the hell you get the idea of having to install 40-50gb of data?

I think that the TC believes that all games will max out a 50 GB blu-ray

User Info: Hansukei

Hansukei
3 years ago#14
Since, when is 500GBs too small? o.O I have a 500GB HDD on my PS3 and have over 80+ games on it. I don't see this as too small. Learn to delete games and re-download them later. -_-

DarkFists
3 years ago#15
Hansukei posted...
Since, when is 500GBs too small? o.O I have a 500GB HDD on my PS3 and have over 80+ games on it. I don't see this as too small. Learn to delete games and re-download them later. -_-

Since the TC thought all games would be 50 GB, manditory installs I guess...

I have a 1.5 TB HDD on my PC, and haven't even used up more than 500 GB...and thats with a buttload of music and games on it...

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#16
DarkFists posted...
Hansukei posted...

I have a 1.5 TB HDD on my PC, and haven't even used up more than 500 GB...and thats with a buttload of music and games on it...

My Steam library alone is 900 GB's lol >_>
i5-2500k Hyper212+ @ 4.6Ghz, ASRock z77 extreme4, x2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD, 16 GB DDR3 RipJaws X, SLI GTX 680 Lightning, AX850, Antec 1200 v3

DarkFists
3 years ago#17
ThePCElitist posted...
DarkFists posted...
Hansukei posted...

My Steam library alone is 900 GB's lol >_>

Yeah, I only have a few games on Steam, and MMOs

User Info: BloodyBooger

BloodyBooger
3 years ago#18
these are the kinds of questions people ask when they're stuck with proprietary xbox hard drives. not surprising.
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
3 years ago#19
My lappy has 1TB... I can't come close to filling that up... (I don't store pronz) so obviously I don't need that much... Btw I do edit video and still that's not even a quarter of the storage...
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator

User Info: PinkPikachu

PinkPikachu
3 years ago#20
I'd want 1TB too, fortunately I can just change it, if need be
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why Sony not make 1 TB Hard Drives in the PS4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived