Will there be a Christian game for PS4?

#1xerogamePosted 8/10/2013 7:43:28 PM
I just want to state that I do believe in God. But why hasnt there been a faith based game. Instead japan constantly gives us anti-christian & demonic video games. There are over 2 billion christians on the planet. Thats a huge demographic. Hopefully Sony will jump on the christian bandwagon
#2goombatommyPosted 8/10/2013 7:45:54 PM
xerogame posted...
I just want to state that I do believe in God. But why hasnt there been a faith based game. Instead japan constantly gives us anti-christian & demonic video games. There are over 2 billion christians on the planet. Thats a huge demographic. Hopefully Sony will jump on the christian bandwagon

I can't speak for either side, but...what exactly would a christian game entice?

With demons you fight, theres a platform for that.
With monsters you fight, theres a platform for that.

But what exactly would you do in a christian game?
---
PSN ID - Frdranger
#3UniversquallPosted 8/10/2013 7:49:59 PM
goombatommy posted...

Go to church. Go home. The screen goes black and you get to talk to some invisible person called Christian that doesn't talk back. Eat pie mini-game. Pie Frenzy.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#4Pale HorsemanPosted 8/10/2013 7:50:03 PM
Oh god I hope they make a God of War game where Kratos goes and just kills all the gods. You see Odin and BOOM headshotted by Kratos.
You see Jesus walking with his disciples and BOOM the whole town is now a pool of blood!
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#5daruler22Posted 8/10/2013 7:56:30 PM(edited)
How about a God of War style game based on the crusades?Would that be Christian enough for you? Oh...maybe we could have The Walking Dead point and click style game that's episodic and based off of different Bible stories. Like Sampson, Noah, or Jesus keeping the party going when he turned that water into wine.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/Daruler022.png UNC TAR HEELS PSN:daruler022
#6BansheeNTDmodePosted 8/10/2013 7:53:18 PM
Anyone play the bible game? It was hard
#7ScaryLlamaPosted 8/10/2013 7:53:36 PM
Because it's much more fun to show the dark side of religion. You want a modern religion game or a historical one? The modern would be akin to managing an international business and trying to recruit as many followers as possible. Historical would basically be a war game.

I could see maybe a cult game where you recruit brainwashed sheep into your clan. But that seems like a PC indie game.

I honestly can't come up with anything that could have to do only with religion and keep it in a positive light. A sim game where you play as the Pope? Or maybe a priest?

(I'm not even going to mention the ideas I came up with for an Islamic variant)

Could you come up with any ideas because even though I wouldn't buy it, I'm getting a bit frustrated not being able to come up with a foundation.

On topic, no there probably won't be a AAA Christian game. Indie, who knows.
---
PSN: ScaryLlama
#8UniversquallPosted 8/10/2013 7:55:18 PM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Anyone play the bible game? It was hard

I get enjoying a game. But that's a bit over the top.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#9userfrigginamePosted 8/10/2013 7:58:00 PM
Just play as Tim Tebow in Madden.
#10xerogame(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 8:02:35 PM
Universquall posted...
goombatommy posted...

Go to church. Go home. The screen goes black and you get to talk to some invisible person called Christian that doesn't talk back. Eat pie mini-game. Pie Frenzy.

how offensive