PS4 Pre orders at EB Games Australia

#1sashy83Posted 8/15/2013 9:16:05 PM
So apparently EB Games stores in Australia are doing their PS4 pre orders as a first come first served thing on launch day and even if you have pre ordered before the cut off date for the launch console you may be disappointed on the day if you don't get there early enough, this is just not good enough because if i pre ordered before the cut off date then i expect my PS4 on release day as that was why i made sure i pre ordered early

Now for all of those people that have to work and aren't able to get to the stores early to pick up are now more than likely going to be the ones that are going to miss out on the PS4 and be forced to wait until next shipment which is just not right!!

I can see quite a few court cases coming out of this with disgruntled customers who want what they have paid for
#2peephole303Posted 8/15/2013 9:26:14 PM
sashy83 posted...
So apparently EB Games stores in Australia are doing their PS4 pre orders as a first come first served thing on launch day and even if you have pre ordered before the cut off date for the launch console you may be disappointed on the day if you don't get there early enough, this is just not good enough because if i pre ordered before the cut off date then i expect my PS4 on release day as that was why i made sure i pre ordered early

Now for all of those people that have to work and aren't able to get to the stores early to pick up are now more than likely going to be the ones that are going to miss out on the PS4 and be forced to wait until next shipment which is just not right!!

I can see quite a few court cases coming out of this with disgruntled customers who want what they have paid for

I feel like asking for the release day off from work
#3sashy83(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 9:31:54 PM
That's exactly what i'm doing no way am i risking losing my launch day PS4 that i have paid in full and i can bet they sell to people that haven't even bothered to pre order as well, i'm just gonna get there at 6am even though the shop opens at 8am, the things you have to do to get the things you are supposedly promised as a day one PS4
#4peephole303Posted 8/15/2013 9:45:35 PM
sashy83 posted...
That's exactly what i'm doing no way am i risking losing my launch day PS4 that i have paid in full and i can bet they sell to people that haven't even bothered to pre order as well, i'm just gonna get there at 6am even though the shop opens at 8am, the things you have to do to get the things you are supposedly promised as a day one PS4

Thank you for reminding me I still need to put the last 150 $ onto my preorder
#5sashy83(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 9:53:56 PM
you're welcome lol
#6OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/15/2013 9:55:01 PM
its the beauty of paid sick leave lol. technically you dont lose money if you call in sick to pick up the console you get paid to shop really for that day. i will get a ps4 but maybe not on launch as the launch titles im just not sold on just yet. Plus i saw on the ps3 around oct or nov a bunch of sport games will be released weeks apart and AC4 and BF4 so I might get them all to keep me entertained till i get them again on the ps4 and get a decent nice new lcd tv to go with the ps4
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#7mantezPosted 8/15/2013 10:28:28 PM
The store I go to is doing Level 4 members who have paid it off first. Then those who have paid it off. Then it's first in after that.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#8Boutchie23Posted 8/15/2013 10:31:15 PM
I preordered the day after reveal. That'd suck.
---
PSN | Mandein
#9sashy83(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 11:15:23 PM
Yeah i'm in Western Australia and both stores near me are doing the whole first in first served thing regardless of if you have paid in full or not. Haha my mate and his dad have already said if they don't get their PS4's on day one they will be taking EB Games to court, the guy i spoke to today at EB Games said that they wouldn't get anywhere with legal action at all and it is also pointless as the cost involved in getting lawyers and stuff will be far more than the cost of the PS4
#10Sirian_HawkPosted 8/15/2013 11:27:44 PM
sashy83 posted...

But all they paid for was a PS4, and they'll get one... eventually. Unless the pre-order you purchased came with a specific written notice that it would be set aside for you on the first day, there is no legal recourse for anyone to make a claim over.

The idea that a pre-order guarantees you first day availability, is something you have established on your own based on what usually happens. In reality, unless other stated, it has no other significance than that you have paid for it in advance.
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.