Sorry to kill your Gamescom hype, but don't expect much :/

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 8/16/2013 11:51:46 PM
From a confirmed NeoGaf insider (the mods there verify each so-called 'insider' to see if they are even in the position to make these kind of claims)

Taken from his long TLDR post :

"So anyway, back to my main point. Sony is in a solid position. The PS4 itself will sell PS4s for a while. They could obviously start announcing and showing holiday '14 games now... and I hoped they would, because I want to see them - but there really is nothing to be gained from it. You can't sell more than "all" of your consoles. And while Microsoft has laid out a lot of its cards for next year all we really know about the PS4 is that Infamous will be coming early and The Order will be happening at some point. Don't take that to mean that sony has no plans.... because I laid out above there are a ton of great teams that are dark as far as info goes. '14 is going to have a ton of amazing (and weird) PS4 announcements and games and more... but I don't think we're going to hear much about it at gamescom or TGS."

So Sony does it again. An underwhelming E3 with just one new exclusive game announcement (The Order) and another disappointment incoming with Gamescom.

Yeah...about those 20 first party exclusives within year 1......smh.

This doesn't mean they don't exist, but I don't understand how they claim to have 20 AAA games within year 1 but have only announced 5 so far, and from the looks of it, just another 1 or 2 at Gamescom.

source : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653587&page=15
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Funny how you complain about posts and refuse to put them on your ignore list.
#23D3Posted 8/16/2013 11:56:28 PM
Release date
1 new exclusive game for PS4, PS3 and Vita
PS3/Vita price drop
1886 gameplay

and I think a lot of people should be content, but i'd definitely want to see more PS4 titles. But I guess they don't want to be like SE and announce a game and release it 10 years later.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#3NorthlanePosted 8/17/2013 12:01:22 AM(edited)
The same guy also said that the PS4 is outpacing the Xbone 4:1

Hell yeah guys! Greatness aw4:1ts confirmed!

Also, here's the link to the post for everyone who wants to read the wall of text that TC decided to not include in the middle of his troll topic: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76799571&postcount=703

Jimm3rBUSTdette topic, etc.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibuTw5hxDJVGDg.gif
http://i.imgur.com/h6zPKZ4.jpg
#4Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 11:58:44 PM
3D3 posted...
Release date
1 new exclusive game for PS4, PS3 and Vita
PS3/Vita price drop
1886 gameplay

and I think a lot of people should be content, but i'd definitely want to see more PS4 titles. But I guess they don't want to be like SE and announce a game and release it 10 years later.

That list sounds very realistic, but I'm not content with that :/

I was hoping for around 3 AAA PS4 exclusives announced, with at least 1 of them being a megaton that got everyone hyped up. Oh well...
---
#5Voryn_Dagoth_Posted 8/16/2013 11:59:54 PM
Predictably, Jimmer doesn't bother to explain why Sony would adopt such a policy (which is found in that post).

The other Sony "insider" (Verendus) on the site said exactly the opposite of Mortimer. So take that for what it is worth.
#6CrimzonHeadPosted 8/17/2013 12:03:20 AM
this topic sucks
---
"You're either awful at trolling or bad at having good opinions." - NLaBruiser
Don't be scared homie
#7Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 12:06:32 AM
Voryn_Dagoth_ posted...
Predictably, Jimmer doesn't bother to explain why Sony would adopt such a policy (which is found in that post).

The other Sony "insider" (Verendus) on the site said exactly the opposite of Mortimer. So take that for what it is worth.

Please post what Verendus has said if it is the exact opposite of Mortimer.

i would much rather hope mortimer is wrong in this case.
---
#8BruceLee1974Posted 8/17/2013 12:07:37 AM
I think you should wait until after Gamescon before claiming what Sony will do.
#9Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 12:08:18 AM
CrimzonHead posted...
this topic sucks

Feel free to put me on your ignore list if that is how you feel, but I doubt you will.

It's funny, people who claim to put me on their ignore list / people who complain about my threads, I put them on my ignore list, and I notice they STILL post in my threads. How hilarious.

There's someone on my ignore list who complained about my threads who has posted in this thread. Ironic isn't it?
---
#10Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 12:09:09 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
I think you should wait until after Gamescon before claiming what Sony will do.

This is just pre-gamescom discussion. Can we not discuss a claim made by a man who has inside info of Sony's plans / thinking?
---