New fight night game?

#1gamecubeplayerPosted 8/18/2013 1:19:41 PM
Any news of a boxing game coming to the PS4? Like fight night 2004 amd round 3.. Was not a fan fight night champions.. Wondering if therebis a new boxing game on the way?
#2solideye11Posted 8/18/2013 1:23:04 PM
So far there is none. It seems EA is focusing on the UFC game instead of boxing.
---
SOLID EYE SYSTEM-OTC-0017/02
PSN: chr11224
#3gamecubeplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:25:03 PM
I know EA chicago made round 3 and EA close that studio down.. Just hoping EA can make another great boxing game like that one..
#4OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/18/2013 1:26:47 PM
You didnt like FN champion? Whaaaaa?It was an awesome boxing game, loved that game alot. Play it on HoF mode its just epic. Love multiplayer also. I cant wait for the next FN game, kinda a bummer cause EA are focusing on UFC. I remember ages ago they said theyll release a FN game every 2 yrs as it is not required every yr to make it better every release, looks like they forgot about that promise
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#5gamecubeplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:29:44 PM
OZ_Archangel posted...
You didnt like FN champion? Whaaaaa?It was an awesome boxing game, loved that game alot. Play it on HoF mode its just epic. Love multiplayer also. I cant wait for the next FN game, kinda a bummer cause EA are focusing on UFC. I remember ages ago they said theyll release a FN game every 2 yrs as it is not required every yr to make it better every release, looks like they forgot about that promise

I did not like how they remove the counter system from round 3 and the boxing style was worst on that game.(example a jab will hit the boxers behind their head lol) had some weird punches.. Many people like me did not like that game..
#6elchris79Posted 8/18/2013 1:54:01 PM
I think it's about time people admitted MMA is better suited to a controller than boxing is. The counter system was ridiculous, and anything else felt awful. Boxing is my love, but it just doesn't translate well.
#7DarkMasterShakePosted 8/18/2013 2:18:32 PM
elchris79 posted...
I think it's about time people admitted MMA is better suited to a controller than boxing is. The counter system was ridiculous, and anything else felt awful. Boxing is my love, but it just doesn't translate well.

I disagree, seems like if boxing doesn't translate well then UFC would be screwed. It's just a lot more to MMA...the problem isn't the controller its developers trying to do a bit too much. FNR3 was fine. Was also the reason a lot of people I know picked up a 360...those slo-mo knockouts man.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#8DarkMasterShakePosted 8/18/2013 2:18:58 PM
elchris79 posted...

I disagree, seems like if boxing doesn't translate well then UFC would be screwed. It's just a lot more to MMA...the problem isn't the controller its developers trying to do a bit too much. FNR3 was fine. Was also the reason a lot of people I know picked up a 360...those slo-mo knockouts man.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#9elchris79Posted 8/18/2013 2:20:36 PM
DarkMasterShake posted...
elchris79 posted...

See, I find MMA striking simplistic, but the controller excels when it comes to ground game. I find the different punches in boxing ridiculous in games, like the way analogue sticks made golf games a few years ago silly.
#10OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/18/2013 7:45:02 PM
I cant agree with the punches were off in FN champion. I did like FN R3 dont get me wrong, but I still remember when you ducked or weaved a punch, or you hit the block buttong just before the moment of impact the other players arms would be down and they would freeze for like 2 seconds, literally freeze like sub zero just froze them. that wasnt realistic at all to me, with FN R4 and Champion at least the counters only mattered if you weaved and not parried the punch and it left a fraction of the time to hit that counter. The punches just seemed fluid and simple, also the game was tougher, FN R3 was too easy just aim for the gut and they gassed by round 2 they never blocked the waste line really
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great