PS4 FAQs V2.5 (Post Gamescom)

#31GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:06:39 PM
ddhcts posted...
Question?
Will Dark Souls 2 be a game that is downloadable on the ps4?

Yes, but only if the game is on PS4. Otherwise, look forward to Gaikai.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#32Ninkyo893Posted 10/7/2013 11:24:50 PM
So what happens to all of my digital downloaded content on my PS3 once Sony eventually decides to focus solely on the PS4? Will there be a way to transfer everything over? I assume that once the PS3 is over and done, I won't have access to my PSN library. I've probably got hundreds of dollars (if not more) worth of games and add-ons that I've bought over the years. This "digital only" future that everyone is raving about doesn't seem too bright if we just end up losing the content over time that we've paid good money for.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#33GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:15:01 AM
Ninkyo, all of that info is on the SEN servers, the same servers running information to tablets, the store, and the PS4. As long as SEN stays up, so will your games. If you are really worried, go get a nice 2TB HDD and back up those games.
---
#34scph9002sterPosted 10/14/2013 3:46:24 AM
No drm? Lol calling bull****. No console that used cd's or newer discs and 99% of all discbased games on pc have never worked if you burn the games on cd/dvd/bd-r.

Why would ps4 suddenly work with burned games?
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#35GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 10:52:30 AM
scph9002ster posted...
No drm? Lol calling bull****. No console that used cd's or newer discs and 99% of all discbased games on pc have never worked if you burn the games on cd/dvd/bd-r.

Why would ps4 suddenly work with burned games?

CD based DRM vs Console DRM is different.
---
#36PsythikPosted 10/15/2013 1:38:26 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
grizz96 posted...
So you can't play a physical PS3 game disc on a PS4?

No, unless they literally build a ps3 into it.
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to playing all the PS3 titles I missed out on, especially The Last of Us. Here's hoping they make an emulator like they did with the PSP.
---
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#37-PoWeR-Posted 10/19/2013 8:11:58 PM
Psythik posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
grizz96 posted...
So you can't play a physical PS3 game disc on a PS4?

No, unless they literally build a ps3 into it.
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to playing all the PS3 titles I missed out on, especially The Last of Us. Here's hoping they make an emulator like they did with the PSP.

Well you might be able to buy it on the playstation store on PS4. Hope you get a chance to play it, it was/is an amazing game.
---
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
#38RussellGorallPosted 10/23/2013 9:21:41 PM
What is the actual size of the OS? It was confirmed by Sony to be 3.5GB more or less in the Eurogamer article months ago.

What is the actual size of it, it isn't 2 GB, that is fanboyish.
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#39GuitaristMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:19:54 PM
RussellGorall posted...
What is the actual size of the OS? It was confirmed by Sony to be 3.5GB more or less in the Eurogamer article months ago.

What is the actual size of it, it isn't 2 GB, that is fanboyish.

like 3GB but if need be it will prioritize the game. It's also graphics memory mainly, and you can do a lot with that.

Obviously I need to upgrade and clean this article for the final version.
---