New Ps4 games for 40 bucks?

#1JayGood259OzPosted 8/20/2013 3:20:59 PM
If you exploit Sony and game stop a little you can save some money on next gen games.

Example:

Buy call of duty ghosts for 60 bucks on ps3
Upgrade to ps4 for another 10 bucks

Take old ps3 copy and trade to gamestop for 30 bucks. Or eBay, etc...

Unless Sony pulls some crap where you need the disc in the drive for the game to work this is a good way to rack up some store credit.
#2XenoMechaPosted 8/20/2013 3:52:28 PM
How does that exploit them lol, both of those things are what they want you to do.
---
PSN: Eternius00
#3battlfrnt2006Posted 8/20/2013 3:54:34 PM
They get paid for both times you buy the game new, so I fail to see how this is an exploit.
---
Gamertag: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita): mtllica
Most Anticipated Titles; Dark Souls 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, The Witcher 3
#4JayGood259Oz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 3:55:58 PM
XenoMecha posted...
How does that exploit them lol, both of those things are what they want you to do.

Actually gamestop wants you to trade ur version for 50 bucks to them and then spend another 10 to get the ps4 version. Im sure they are just as happy to buy it off u for 30, but it is taking advantage of the system to some degree.
#5stryfeforlifePosted 8/20/2013 4:55:43 PM
yeah i don't think you really understand how this works. Gamestop requires you to trade in the copy, so technically you're paying 70 dollars for a game that should cost you 60 just because you're impatient/can't afford a ps4 day one
---
GT/PSN: XCloudxStryfeX
"that's when you go to work, reach up from behind and grab his sack." - Gameplayingperson
#6NeoMonkPosted 8/20/2013 4:59:33 PM
This is actually a bootleg offer...
The gamestop XB1 deal is much better... you get 2 physical copies
The current gen one you will trade back in to gamestop
and for the $10 u get the next gen one which you're free to sell or trade in for w/e else you want.

I'd rather do that 10 out of 10 times than get some digital copy for w/e BS price they put it out for.
Notice how they said "substantial discount" which to them could be $20 from the original $60
we just don't know and it doesn't sound better than the above mentioned one.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7monegamesPosted 8/20/2013 5:01:10 PM
stryfeforlife posted...
yeah i don't think you really understand how this works. Gamestop requires you to trade in the copy, so technically you're paying 70 dollars for a game that should cost you 60 just because you're impatient/can't afford a ps4 day one

what they are saying is buy the ps3 copy from amazon or where ever for 60. buy the ps4 version on psn for 10. so that is 70. then you take the ps3 version to gs and trade it in for 30. 70 - 30 = 40. but the details of the ps upgrade program hasn't been given out yet so we don't know how much it will be to get the ps4 version on psn.
#8JayGood259Oz(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 7:29:02 PM
monegames posted...
stryfeforlife posted...

what they are saying is buy the ps3 copy from amazon or where ever for 60. buy the ps4 version on psn for 10. so that is 70. then you take the ps3 version to gs and trade it in for 30. 70 - 30 = 40. but the details of the ps upgrade program hasn't been given out yet so we don't know how much it will be to get the ps4 version on psn.

With gamestop offering 10 bucks I doubt Psn would be much different or else it wouldn't be competitive.
#9JobocanPosted 8/20/2013 7:38:38 PM
JayGood259Oz posted...
If you exploit Sony and game stop a little you can save some money on next gen games.

Example:

Buy call of duty ghosts for 60 bucks on ps3
Upgrade to ps4 for another 10 bucks

Take old ps3 copy and trade to gamestop for 30 bucks. Or eBay, etc...

The problem here is that you still end up with Call of Duty Ghost.

Frankly I'd just look for pre-order deals instead of failing to exploit the system. I have both inFamous and the Mirror's Edge remake pre-ordered for 40$ each.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection