Do you think PS4 should sell two style of controllers?

#1Garfield64Posted 8/25/2013 11:15:31 AM(edited)
Do you think PS4 should sell a second type of controller that is exactly the same, but Dpad and Analog locations switched on left side? - Results (471 votes)
Yes, this would be great for people who need more precise analog controls.
41.4% (195 votes)
No, giving the customer options is a bad idea because it causes confusion.
58.6% (276 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally considering it's PS4, I highly doubt anyone who buys one is going to be "new enough" to gaming to the point a alternate controller type would confuse them.

It's the one thing I hate, is I significantly prefer the analog style on Xbox controllers for shooters.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#2Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2013 11:16:56 AM
I'd like to ask the people who are saying "No" have you used a Xbox Controller on a Shooter before and a PS3 Controller on a Shooter?

The difference is night and day. It's also the reason I feel Shooters are more popular on Xbox.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#3spacejamjordanzPosted 8/25/2013 11:22:49 AM
You know.. the funny thing is the stick placement really didn't make much of a difference for me.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II> Gamertag/PSNID: Roivas2K7
#4GuitaristMattPosted 8/25/2013 11:32:36 AM
Garfield64 posted...
I'd like to ask the people who are saying "No" have you used a Xbox Controller on a Shooter before and a PS3 Controller on a Shooter?

The difference is night and day. It's also the reason I feel Shooters are more popular on Xbox.

The only difference was the way I have to hold the controller. With the dualshock I can hold my index finger on R1 and my middle finger on R2. I can't do that comfortably with the Xbox controller. The dualshock 3 gives you about a tenth of a second faster shot in shooters because of the deadzone on the Xbox controller. There are several other things, but that'll make my post too long.

Games don't consist of only shooters.

Now on topic of the should they provide a secondary control option for shooters... sure make it the dualshock 4S, but nobody has even tried out the new controller yet.
---
Greatness Awaits!
PS4 FAQs V2.5 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67033405
#5Lord_Ka1nPosted 8/25/2013 11:35:41 AM
Garfield64 posted...

yes, it annoyed the crap out of me.

both my thumbs are the same length. thats actually the reason i never bought a 360, the stick placement SUCKS
#6L4YER_CAKEPosted 8/25/2013 11:37:13 AM
I want to vote yes because the more options the better, but your reasoning for both options just suck. They sound really bias. I mean by voting no I'm saying that options are bad. However, by voting yes I'm saying that specific configuration is more precise...which it isn't. Neither of them are.

Long story short I'm abstaining.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#7RayconPosted 8/25/2013 11:40:39 AM
Garfield64 posted...

Of course, but I've never understood the need for an offset analog stick on the left side... it's functional (from experience), but my fingers are not offset. If anything, both sticks should be at the top of the controller, or both should be at the bottom. I don't much care so long as it just picks one. As long as it matches my hands (symmetrical), I don't see why it matters.

That said, I've got my slew of issues about the 360 controller (mostly the face buttons, bumpers, "triggers" over the superior R1 button, and that obtuse battery pack), but the placement of the analog stick is a bit lower on that list.

I voted yes though. Options are not a bad thing.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#8UniversquallPosted 8/25/2013 11:44:40 AM(edited)
I do. Because I don't think it's fair that pretend giants new to gaming have to get used to a dualshock.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#9AceallwaysPosted 8/25/2013 12:03:29 PM
I'm with you TC.
#10Draconas_LyrrPosted 8/25/2013 12:10:16 PM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
I want to vote yes because the more options the better, but your reasoning for both options just suck. They sound really bias. I mean by voting no I'm saying that options are bad. However, by voting yes I'm saying that specific configuration is more precise...which it isn't. Neither of them are.

Long story short I'm abstaining.

This. I would have said yes if you merely pointed out that it would be nice to have the option for everyone.

On another note, why does the Xbox controller not have a name? It's annoying typing out Xbox controller every time I want to say something about it.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.