Do you think this generation has started a trend of underpowered consoles?

#101UniversquallPosted 9/5/2013 11:42:46 PM
Mangorush-V posted...
Why are you guys responding to this troll topic made by a man child who is unemployed and is still living with his parents that likes to gloat and show off his daddy's PC in his signature?

It's best to just laugh it off and ignore this pathetic troll who seems to have a very boring life and likes to come to the XONE/PS4 board to stir things up and calls anyone that disagree with him or calls him out a console kiddie or a console peasant or whatever insults he likes to throw out at them.

I just wish someone from the PC board will reclaim this garbage along with his lover boy DarkZbeta or whatever his name is.

The PC board has enough problems.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#102pigman2003Posted 9/5/2013 11:48:06 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
pigman2003 posted...
bob15x posted...
pigman2003 posted...
Here's the thing, High end gaming PC's exist but High end games do not, any game that exists can be run on these new consoles, and as long as that is true they aren't under powered.

but pc games compared to console are night and day. They won't be that at start but where it took a few years in the past to get there, this gen it will be that way in a year or so.

If anything I see these underpowered consoles really pushing pc and steam. I bet Valve is very happy with way things are shaping up.

PC games aren't as far ahead as you may think, it costs a lot of time and money to make graphics pretty, it's going to get to a point where devs aren't going to bother and graphics are going to eventually hit a wall.

It'll take much more than a year for PC games to outshine the next generation of consoles like they do for the PS3 and 360.

Just check out x-rebirth to see just how far ahead PC's are from consoles.
It's an entire universe being rendered and calculated with millions of ships, every one of them important for the economy.
There are now LOD models, models are always maximum quality at any distance, made of ridiculous numbers of polygons.

Seeing how universes are infinite are honestly doubt that it's going to render one, The game will probably have load times too, you can put as many things as you want into a game but the game will still have to load them.

And besides the graphics for that game aren't exactly stellar in the first place.
#103Snuckie7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:50:50 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NEbL1p5vZpw
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#104The_King82Posted 9/6/2013 9:53:34 AM
Yes, the wii u is severely underpowered but I'm glad the powerhouses (PS4/XboxOne) are coming soon.
---
8GB OF GDDR5 RAM!!!!!
#105SinisterSlayPosted 9/6/2013 11:46:46 AM(edited)
pigman2003 posted...

Seeing how universes are infinite are honestly doubt that it's going to render one, The game will probably have load times too, you can put as many things as you want into a game but the game will still have to load them.

And besides the graphics for that game aren't exactly stellar in the first place.

You've clearly never played an X game.

And no, there are no loads times after the initial load. PC's have more than enough RAM to hold the entire game in memory.

Load times are a console weakness.

And the graphics are a million times better than what any console can do.
Where consoles put all their effort into a 5 foot radius around the player, X games keep maximum quality, at every distance, and everything is always running around you, every frame.

I'd hope you know how consoles cheat right? They put 2D images in the background and anything that a player can't reach so that they can reduce the required power. X games don't do that, everything is reachable, everything is 3D models, everything is huge. You can fly up inside a space station if you want, and not just through predefined doorways, but if you want to, you can grab a ship and fly between the stations armor plating and the station itself. Find a tiny nook to sit in and hide if you want.

About the only limitation is planets, in X3TC you could not land on a planet, when you got close enough, you hit the atmosphere and died (Well burned up, you could power out of the gravity well if you were a fighter ship, but a capital ship was doomed).
Looks like that may have been changed for x rebirth.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#106ZeskiiPosted 9/6/2013 12:09:29 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
The real reason why consoles dont' have the end tier everything? Because not everyone can afford a $10k computer. Even $2k is ridiculous. Even now, the PS4/X1 would be running games better then anything I've ever owned.

And all I have is an i7 laptop.

I'm not sure why you're talking about $10k or even $2k devices. A high-end PC will run you somewhere like $1000-1200 these days. Midrange would be closer to $700-800, and even at the $500 mark you can get something that will beat the PS4/Xbox One.

For the record, the last time I checked the computer in my sig+ 3 30" 2560x1600 Dell Ultrasharp monitors+ a $150 KB and $100 mouse were around 10k. It's a ridiculous budget for any sort of computer or electronic device- even going for the highest of the high end it gets hard to spend that sort of money.

@the bold sorry that you aren't good at getting the best for your money

pigman2003 posted...

Just because the game needs to load things doesn't mean that it's going to have load screen. Just look at Just Cause 2- you can go anywhere without needing to wait for stuff to load, and that's got an absolutely massive world.

SinisterSlay posted...
About the only limitation is planets, in X3TC you could not land on a planet, when you got close enough, you hit the atmosphere and died (Well burned up, you could power out of the gravity well if you were a fighter ship, but a capital ship was doomed).
Looks like that may have been changed for x rebirth.

Now this is intriguing. Going to have to look into X Rebirth, it seems.
---
i7-3970X@4.6 GHz - 3x EVGA GTX Titan - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - Obsidian 900D - 2x Samsung 840 512 GB - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 2400 - EVGA NEX 1500W
#107SinisterSlayPosted 9/6/2013 12:46:37 PM
Zeskii posted...

Now this is intriguing. Going to have to look into X Rebirth, it seems.

Evochron Mercenary already has this ability if you want to try it.
Combat in that game is really hard though.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#108BobbyB3000Posted 9/6/2013 12:49:28 PM
The real reason why... The recession, companies can't afford to invest in crazy expensive consoles to sell
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#109stalemate_666Posted 9/6/2013 3:38:05 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
I think this topic, and this post explain perfectly why you are so ignorant about PC titles.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67166156#8

The fact remains though, that the PC has more exclusives than the upcoming consoles will get in their lifespan, combined.

I'm ignorant about them because they have zero advertisement and aren't talked about because A the vast majority are indie and B the vast (although less then last vast) majority of them are horrible and not worth playing. PC might have the most exclusives but it has the least retail sku/level exclusives (ie starcraft 2). Also in the argument of pc having the best specs it is also useless because most of the games can run fine on a pc below the specs of even ps3 because they are indie, low budget games and thus they aren't very processor or graphically heavy so the number is meaningless for this argument only games that could not run on released/soon to be released consoles are really valid for it.

Universquall posted...
Way to ignore Sims expansions, Wow expansions and firesales.

Um we are talking about game released in recent years not add ons to games released a long time ago.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#110UniversquallPosted 9/6/2013 3:42:00 PM
Um we are talking about game released in recent years not add ons to games released a long time ago.

Without them PC gaming doesn't exist.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout