It's safe to say Sony will dominate this generation

#1BkzIzuPosted 9/4/2013 7:01:24 AM
With the Xbone being released later in the most important market and only available to a few Europeans countries at launch, there's no doubt the PS4 will dominate it. The WiiU is a joke so no one has to worry about that not even Microsoft.
#2KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/4/2013 7:08:46 AM
Glad you thought your expert opinion was topic worthy. I can rest easy.
---
PLAYING - Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (PC), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII, FFX/X-2 Remaster
#3TerotrousPosted 9/4/2013 7:09:07 AM
With Wii U getting a price cut to $300 and having Mario 3D World for Black Friday, it'll definitely be a threat. Sony will have to make smart competitive choices if they hope to win (and if Vita is any indication, their track record isn't so good on that front).
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#4stawg007Posted 9/4/2013 7:10:02 AM
It's a difference of a week, hardly relevant over the next 8 plus years

360 had a year head start and the ps3 still caught up so it really is irrelevant

I do think Sony will be number 1 but it won't be because of a head start of a week

and I don't think it will dominate, ME will be very successful this gen so it won't be ps2 domination, not even close
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#5BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 7:10:30 AM
I predict by the end of this generation the sales will be like this

WiiU - 20 million
Xbone - 40-50 million
PS4 - 110 million
#6xxtasy911Posted 9/4/2013 7:10:34 AM
A week later, a week earlier really makes no difference at all. A casual consumer will not be able to buy either console off the shelf on release...
#7Hucast9Posted 9/4/2013 7:12:35 AM
You're all going to see console sales about the same by the end of next gen. laugh at me now. You'll see.
#8pigman2003Posted 9/4/2013 7:43:11 AM
people will buy whatever is available, if PS4's are sold out then people get Xbox Ones and if Xbox Ones are sold out then people will get PS4's, either way each console will sell out by holiday season, it's only a matter of who can ship more.

I hate to burst your bubble but no console will dominate anything, each console has it's strengths and weakness's, the console wars aren't going to heat up until years later when Sony's exclusive studios go head to head with Microsoft's.

And of course their is always the unknown, RROD was devastating for the 360 and a similar problem could arise in the PS4 or Xbox One.

And remember how much more powerful the PS3 was supposed to be but ended being a dud, maybe the PS4 ends up running on orphan souls and your forced to feed it a teddy bear everyday or the system will die.

The point is that it's not "safe to say" anything at this point.
#9fhunter476Posted 9/4/2013 8:07:41 AM(edited)
pigman2003 posted...
The point is that it's not "safe to say" anything at this point.

I beg to differ.

I think it's quite "safe to say" the PS4 has more pre-orders than xbone.

I think it's quite "safe to say" the PS4 hasn't been tinkered with or rushed post announcement. Less likely to have hardware issues.

I think it's quite "safe to say" PS4 games are being shipped complete without the need to "download the rest of the game" later.

I think it's quite "safe to say" Sony is giving Indie developers what they want vs xbone.

I think it's quite "safe to say" Sony isn't forcing unnecessary/unwanted hardware on us.

I think it's quite "safe to say" the PS4 is $100 cheaper than xbone.

I think it's quite "safe to say" the PS4 is being shipped to more countries than xbone.

I think it's quite "safe to say" that Sony hasn't 180'd on their policies and tried to screw over consumers from the start.

The point is, there's some things that are absolutely safe to say.

_
---
Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob, anyone better than you has no life.
Every human being deserves the respect they give to others.
#10alphaphantomadvPosted 9/4/2013 8:18:39 AM
BkzIzu posted...
I predict by the end of this generation the sales will be like this

Wii U - 35-80 million
Xbox One - 60-95 million
PlayStation 4 - 70-105 million

Fix That For You - FTFY ;)

Sony/PlayStation 4 won't dominate, it won't be another PlayStation 2. A console that was underpowered though it outsold 10 to 1 a 100$ cheaper and twice as powerful Nintendo's Gamecube that was a beast and not far from original Microsoft's Xbox that had laughable Intel's Pentium 3 CPU rather than AMD's Athlon that was much better.

PlayStation 2 was overhyped and it made Sony feel like they were on the top of the world. Thus it lead to disaster called PlayStation 3 that cost them 8 Billion $.

I have nothing against Sony, just stating the facts. No damage control, please.