Project Phoenix coming to PS4!!!

#1Giru 017Posted 9/5/2013 8:16:57 AM
As of the latest update, Project Phoenix will officially be released on the Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita!

This is awesome news, I hope this gets more people funding it to (hopefully) make the $1,025,000 stretch goal!!! The game seems amazing with an INCREDIBLE mix of talents and the breathtaking soundtrack of Nobuo Uematsu of old Final Fantasy game. The combat also seems like it'd be a lot of fun, ADVANCED WARS/FF: Tactics-style.

link to kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent
---
-=The Slackers=- *The High Priest of Slackerism and perpetual E-Vileness*
#2GuitaristMattPosted 9/5/2013 8:19:10 AM
I think the 1.025m goal looks great, but at this rate it's about done. We got what we wanted (PS4/Vita) and that's that.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#3TNCBagTagPosted 9/5/2013 8:23:39 AM
I hope it doesn't reach it's goal honestly. Sick of companies flocking to kickstarter boasting all these things and not showing a single gameplay video there's been ALOT of bad games that have come out because of this.
---
PSN: ItsLags
#4DrRockso87Posted 9/5/2013 10:20:35 AM
GuitaristMatt posted...
I think the 1.025m goal looks great, but at this rate it's about done. We got what we wanted (PS4/Vita) and that's that.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. I've seen some Kickstarters raise more thn $300,000 in their last few days (once in a night).

They might MIGHT make the $1 million stretch goal but the one after that is beyond unlikely.
#5Giru 017(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 12:03:30 PM
TNCBagTag posted...
I hope it doesn't reach it's goal honestly. Sick of companies flocking to kickstarter boasting all these things and not showing a single gameplay video there's been ALOT of bad games that have come out because of this.

Ummm, do you know ANYTHING about game development? How can they show a gameplay video if they are making the kickstarter to get all this AMAZING talent together in order to make this game? Development doesn't start POST kickstarter, which is why the game is slated for mid-2015.

For many of us, these names have been embedded in our memories and are synonymous with quality. Having met a handful of these people at events and having seen their names roll past in the credits, like a good actor, you start to get a hang of who does what well. It's the same reason why some people worry when a different director takes charge of a movie franchise (See Batman Tim Burton movies VS Joel Schumacher VS Christopher Nolan) and the same reason many of us are worried when Miyazaki won't be the Director of Dark Souls 2 after having been in charge for Demon's and Dark Souls.

It's true that kickstarter requires a certain amount of trust. It's true that shoddy products have come out of this. But i'll be damned if it's wrong to put money and trust down on people who have done nothing but outstanding work on the products they have worked on, all while being constrained to publisher demands and tight release schedules.

It's not like the game will be kickstarter exclusive: the finished product will release and people will be able to judge it on it's own merits, with trailers, gameplay videos, etc. At that point people can pre-order the game as is usual. But if with a little help one can improve said experience and hopefully get the best game possible out there, a game that YOU and ME really want to play with no "I WISH THIS WAS IN HERE" thoughts... then that'd just be awesome.
---
-=The Slackers=- *The High Priest of Slackerism and perpetual E-Vileness*
#6shadowkratos774Posted 9/5/2013 6:33:59 PM
WHY AM I JUST HEARING ABOUT THIS GAME!
---
You will give the people an ideal to strive towards...
But in time, they will join you in the sun.
#7GREEN00Posted 9/6/2013 12:06:34 AM
Hooray! Indie shovelware!
#8XenosheartPosted 9/6/2013 5:48:14 AM
I also hate the fact that developers never show any gameplay or at least in game footage at kickstarter. That's no way to promote a game...
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/6/2013 7:48:25 AM
Giru 017 posted...
TNCBagTag posted...

Ummm, do you know ANYTHING about game development? How can they show a gameplay video if they are making the kickstarter to get all this AMAZING talent together in order to make this game? Development doesn't start POST kickstarter, which is why the game is slated for mid-2015.

For many of us, these names have been embedded in our memories and are synonymous with quality. Having met a handful of these people at events and having seen their names roll past in the credits, like a good actor, you start to get a hang of who does what well. It's the same reason why some people worry when a different director takes charge of a movie franchise (See Batman Tim Burton movies VS Joel Schumacher VS Christopher Nolan) and the same reason many of us are worried when Miyazaki won't be the Director of Dark Souls 2 after having been in charge for Demon's and Dark Souls.

It's true that kickstarter requires a certain amount of trust. It's true that shoddy products have come out of this. But i'll be damned if it's wrong to put money and trust down on people who have done nothing but outstanding work on the products they have worked on, all while being constrained to publisher demands and tight release schedules.

It's not like the game will be kickstarter exclusive: the finished product will release and people will be able to judge it on it's own merits, with trailers, gameplay videos, etc. At that point people can pre-order the game as is usual. But if with a little help one can improve said experience and hopefully get the best game possible out there, a game that YOU and ME really want to play with no "I WISH THIS WAS IN HERE" thoughts... then that'd just be awesome.

A lot of games in Kickstarter has footage. It doesn't take a lot of money to develop a bit of something to show people. It does take money to hire voice actors, people to create the music, writers, additional programmers, artists, etc

but a handful of people can at least develop enough to show a demo of it
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#10ChouTengenToppaPosted 9/6/2013 8:08:31 AM
I really wish someone would make a war of the monsters reboot.
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS