Christmas too early?

#1TheGarviePosted 9/5/2013 3:49:33 PM
So I was planning on getting the PS4 for Christmas, however I was looking at other people's topics and couldn't help noticing that a lot of other people are waiting a full year after launch! It would give them time to fix problems (if any) and perhaps lower the price, but I'm not convinced. What are you guys planning and what would be your advice?
#2peephole303Posted 9/5/2013 3:50:44 PM
TheGarvie posted...
So I was planning on getting the PS4 for Christmas, however I was looking at other people's topics and couldn't help noticing that a lot of other people are waiting a full year after launch! It would give them time to fix problems (if any) and perhaps lower the price, but I'm not convinced. What are you guys planning and what would be your advice?

Better hope its not popular
#3BeefEasterPosted 9/5/2013 3:51:04 PM
do whatevs you feels in yo heart, dawg
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
#4TheGarvie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 3:52:39 PM
peephole303 posted...
TheGarvie posted...

Better hope its not popular

Another thing in favour of a later buy!
#5PhoenixPrincePosted 9/5/2013 3:59:54 PM
This is my stance.

I want to make sure it doesn't have any problems, but I don't want to wait forever to get it. So I will save up until April to get one. Maybe May, a celebratory summer vacation purchase. That amount of time oughta be enough for any major, glaringly obvious hardware flaws to come to light.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261
#6ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/5/2013 4:01:48 PM
There is no rush for next gen. PS3 and 360 will both be supported for atleast the next year and get tons of released that are on both this and next gen. This combined with the bugs that will come with each console and the next 6 months of "next gen" games not looking too much better then the current gens allows you to wait it out and see how each console will play out the first year. This will give you a much better view of how each console runs.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#7iceltPosted 9/5/2013 4:08:00 PM
If you don't really have a burning desire for any of the launch games, don't have holiday money to burn and/or don't need the latest and greatest toy on the block you are probably best off waiting a few months.

However if it turns out to be uber popular not getting one at launch might result in you having to wait several months regardless.
---
PSN: icelt
"Beaker on a Hot Tin Roof" http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m506y4kNRX1rxuzpho1_500.gif
#8Combo MasterPosted 9/5/2013 4:21:27 PM
Any sort of stable income can afford you to buy the ps4 with a 3 year or more extended warranty. No reason to wait other than not many games available.
---
Combo Master
#9TheGarvie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 4:30:33 PM
PhoenixPrince posted...
This is my stance.

I want to make sure it doesn't have any problems, but I don't want to wait forever to get it. So I will save up until April to get one. Maybe May, a celebratory summer vacation purchase. That amount of time oughta be enough for any major, glaringly obvious hardware flaws to come to light.

I think I might use your idea as April/May is not that long after Christmas anyway. The main thing holding me back from a later buy is most of my friends are getting theirs at Christmas. I guess I'll see if any major bugs come to light at the festive season!
#10redhawtPosted 9/5/2013 4:52:42 PM
Well if the posts and ps4 boards and as well as official sony sites i have seen are true then with preorders sold out waiting lists at basically a million plus and first to know lists at 2 million you may have to wait till April or even after that anyway
---
psn id domtoretto1