Digital vs. Physical? Which are you going with and why did you make that choice?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Digital vs. Physical? Which are you going with and why did you make that choice?
2 years ago#1
80/80

I've been debating back and forth over which I would end up doing, and I have arrived at my choice, both. I will be going digital for any day one purchase and any Plus discounts (Like Driveclub) I'll even be getting a SSD to make my games load faster. (with plans to upgrade once 1TB drives are under $200, a 250GB should last until then. After that it will make a nice upgrade for my PS3) Since all games install, there really isn't a reason to not upgrade so long as the PS4 is SATA III.

For physical, I'll be getting any LE release I want (like the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni) or niche releases that may be limited print runs, this way I scratch my collector itch. I'll also double dip once my favorite games hit $20, just so I know I will be able to play them once the network is gone.

This way, I get the best of both worlds and have no worries about the future.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
2 years ago#2
Physical. Sell, trade, buy used, and with you even if servers get shut down.
2 years ago#3
A mix really,I will buy the games I must have on launch on disc but because of psplus and the discounts if I see something I wanted but have yet to buy on there for cheap I will pick it up

Won't go all digital because I don't want to have to upgrade the hdd in the first year but it will be a mix because of the discounts for me
---
psn id domtoretto1
2 years ago#4
physical because

same price
owning a copy>renting a license
saves HD space
2 years ago#5
Physical, I just personally hate digital media, in all forms.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
2 years ago#6
Lord_Ka1n posted...
physical because

same price
owning a copy>renting a license
saves HD space

Not really your buying the license, developers an publishers own the game.
2 years ago#7
Physical, unless a game I want is digital only like PSN games
---
3DS FC 3050-7608-9240
2 years ago#8
I'll likely have a mix. Which means I'll probably end up getting a disk whenever possible.
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
2 years ago#9
Physical cause there isn't Internet fast enough or available enough in this part of the country. And yesi live in the us
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS
2 years ago#10
ChouTengenToppa posted...
Physical cause there isn't Internet fast enough or available enough in this part of the country. And yesi live in the us

Unlike Japan's Fiber Optic internet.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Digital vs. Physical? Which are you going with and why did you make that choice?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived