Digital vs. Physical? Which are you going with and why did you make that choice?

#1PendragoonPosted 9/5/2013 7:12:07 PM
80/80

I've been debating back and forth over which I would end up doing, and I have arrived at my choice, both. I will be going digital for any day one purchase and any Plus discounts (Like Driveclub) I'll even be getting a SSD to make my games load faster. (with plans to upgrade once 1TB drives are under $200, a 250GB should last until then. After that it will make a nice upgrade for my PS3) Since all games install, there really isn't a reason to not upgrade so long as the PS4 is SATA III.

For physical, I'll be getting any LE release I want (like the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni) or niche releases that may be limited print runs, this way I scratch my collector itch. I'll also double dip once my favorite games hit $20, just so I know I will be able to play them once the network is gone.

This way, I get the best of both worlds and have no worries about the future.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#2captsplatter_1Posted 9/5/2013 7:15:18 PM
Physical. Sell, trade, buy used, and with you even if servers get shut down.
#3redhawtPosted 9/5/2013 7:16:56 PM
A mix really,I will buy the games I must have on launch on disc but because of psplus and the discounts if I see something I wanted but have yet to buy on there for cheap I will pick it up

Won't go all digital because I don't want to have to upgrade the hdd in the first year but it will be a mix because of the discounts for me
---
psn id domtoretto1
#4Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/5/2013 7:20:09 PM
physical because

same price
owning a copy>renting a license
saves HD space
#5Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/5/2013 7:21:25 PM
Physical, I just personally hate digital media, in all forms.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#6captsplatter_1Posted 9/5/2013 7:21:44 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
physical because

same price
owning a copy>renting a license
saves HD space

Not really your buying the license, developers an publishers own the game.
#7linkrules2Posted 9/5/2013 7:23:17 PM
Physical, unless a game I want is digital only like PSN games
---
3DS FC 3050-7608-9240
#8VT-14Posted 9/5/2013 7:25:33 PM
I'll likely have a mix. Which means I'll probably end up getting a disk whenever possible.
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#9ChouTengenToppaPosted 9/5/2013 7:28:54 PM
Physical cause there isn't Internet fast enough or available enough in this part of the country. And yesi live in the us
---
OFFICIAL GRAND MASTER ASSASSIN OF NORTH AMERICA/UNITED STATES AND ALL THE ASSASSINS CREED BOARDS
#10captsplatter_1Posted 9/5/2013 7:38:33 PM
ChouTengenToppa posted...
Physical cause there isn't Internet fast enough or available enough in this part of the country. And yesi live in the us

Unlike Japan's Fiber Optic internet.