Who is going full digital this gen?

#81CAlley2001Posted 9/6/2013 7:42:17 PM
Mostly digital with proper pre order bonuses. You guys need to join me in 2013.
---
PSN: AlleySRT
#82ArsenicSteelPosted 9/6/2013 7:44:44 PM
Chargrilled posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Went full digital in 2007.

What's taking you guys so long? lol

Nothing. I just like being able to lend, sell, and play my games faster than anyone can complete a download of any current gen game.
---
A heretic among heretics.
#83md22mdrxPosted 9/6/2013 7:52:50 PM
Heck no. I want physical media. When I purchase something, I want it to be mine ... not "only as long as the current hardware is supported".
#84lightingemporowPosted 9/6/2013 7:58:31 PM
nah i love my cases and open it up for that new game smell
#85residentbowersPosted 9/6/2013 8:46:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#86RayconPosted 9/6/2013 8:53:52 PM
DetectiveDoom posted...
Raycon posted...
This part I was cool with:

DetectiveDoom posted...
As soon as you said you liked to show off collector editions I stopped reading.We're too very different people

This part I couldn't disagree more with:

and regardless of either of our opinions digital gaming will be more popular next gen and no one could care less whether you join in much the same sense that nobody cares that you still buy CD's.

Digital trends this gen don't seem to be pointing that direction... but believe what you want, I guess.

On topic. Hell. No.

I'm not saying it is heading towards full digital the way digital is now. I think it will be headed towards digital somewhat how the one planned this gen with family sharing and some form of a checking system or digital titles for 50$ with pre order bonus.

I personally disagree- such an idea is certainly attractive to a portion of the population, but I don't see any major shift happening, even during this gen. Games are not at the same level as songs or even movies, and I don't get the impression many people are willing to give up the freedoms of a physical copy so easily.

But hey, I don't know the future. I could be wrong.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#87DemonicDracoPosted 9/6/2013 9:10:33 PM
no chance..

1 physical is cheaper for the games i want to play but wouldnt pay a full 60 for.. once they are a year or 2 old at least...

2 laptop hard drives just aint big enough if the ps4 could pack a pc sized hd it wouldn't be a problem but being limited to a tb or less... its not enough space considering the system runs off 100 gb blu ray...15-25 large games would fill a tb...
---
Beauty is the only truth in this world.
#88SinisterSlayPosted 9/6/2013 10:50:48 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
Chargrilled posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Went full digital in 2007.

What's taking you guys so long? lol

Nothing. I just like being able to lend, sell, and play my games faster than anyone can complete a download of any current gen game.

Really? Cause I download at 3.5 mbytes per second. And I have cheap internet.

You guys are practically medieval...
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#89SaintFC_Posted 9/6/2013 11:25:28 PM
Some I will some I won't, Fallout 4 will be digital because I'm still playing F3 to this day, so I know F4 will be played for moist of the next gen.

But throw away games like FIFA I'll buy disc because it's pointless keeping older versions when you update.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#90AngelS_chanPosted 9/7/2013 2:06:40 AM
DetectiveDoom posted...
Have fun showing off your game collection though.

Oh, believe me, I'm having fun. ;-)
I'm kind of a hero(ine) to my little 8year old nephew. You should see him goggling at my collection everytime he comes to visit me. This spark in his eyes... all this cool stuff... Sure, I won't let him play many of these games yet. But once he reaches the right age....
It's pretty much the same with the rest of my family and friends. A lot of them are not much into gaming, but find my collection rather impressive.
And no offence, but what they think means a hell of a lot more to me than what guys like you think.