Would you be overwhelmed or underwhelmed if THESE were the 2014 lineup?

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 9/6/2013 11:15:00 AM
infamous
uncharted 4
the order
gt6 ps4 edition
the last of us ps4 edition
indie crap
psn titles

So, 3 new AAA titles (infamous, uncharted, the order) , and 2 ps3 games ported to ps4 with slightly better graphics (although gt6 might be more than just better graphics) .

I.e - 3 AAA games in 2014. Which would mean 8 AAA exclusives in year one out of the 20 exclusives they promised, which means the remaining 60% of the exclusives are indie / psn.

Would you be overwhelmed or underwhelmed?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Sony drones, not fans are the worst fanboys in gaming.
#2ToXiCNightMaRePosted 9/6/2013 11:19:41 AM
nope, cause Sony would spread the love throughout the 2014 year. They like to keep the games rolling (hence why they don't have a ton of exclusives at launch, its on purpose)
---
PSN - Toxic-Nightmare | Xbox Live - Toxictemplar
Steam - Toxictemplar | Origin - Toxicmage
#3RyuuHou25Posted 9/6/2013 11:22:07 AM
I dunno, how do you feel about having so many crap Kinect titles >.>

Nothing wrong with indie or PSN titles.

ITT - exclusives are all that matter. HA.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/6/2013 11:23:21 AM
3 new games in a whole year? not ok
#5Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:27:00 AM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
3 new games in a whole year? not ok

well 3 new big games, not including indie / psn titles (which shouldn't count anyways).

either way, i agree. that isn't okay. but realistically, what else could Sony announce? the SSM/ Guerilla new IP would be cool to see, but I feel like that will be in 2015.
---
#6AH88Posted 9/6/2013 11:33:02 AM
I would maybe pick up GT6 if there was a PS4 edition, but that would be it.
I care more about 3rd party games and next year The Witcher 3 should drop and knowing CD Projekt RED it'll be better than anything else, so that'll keep me busy for awhile.
#7SophisticationPosted 9/6/2013 11:35:43 AM
I hate indie trash, so I'd be underwhelmed. But not as underwhelmed as I am with ps4's launch... What a stink binker this is turning into.

More of the same junk we've seen for 15 to 20 years now.

Oh boy, uncharted.
wowz, infamous.
Insane rock star tones, more Grantourismo.

Just go away until you bring something new to the table, Sony. I mean, what's the point of ps4? It's playing all the same crap ps3 does. The indie trash can run on an atari. We don't need this gen.
---
Sophistocrats' don't die off, they take expensive vacations, rub elbows with industry insiders and play only the most sophisticated games available.
#8Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:37:46 AM
Sophistication posted...
I hate indie trash, so I'd be underwhelmed. But not as underwhelmed as I am with ps4's launch... What a stink binker this is turning into.

More of the same junk we've seen for 15 to 20 years now.

Oh boy, uncharted.
wowz, infamous.
Insane rock star tones, more Grantourismo.

Just go away until you bring something new to the table, Sony. I mean, what's the point of ps4? It's playing all the same crap ps3 does. The indie trash can run on an atari. We don't need this gen.

you tried too hard. fail.
---
#9SlimeSwayzePosted 9/6/2013 11:38:04 AM
I'm perfectly fine with the launch titles available. It's at least on par with what other systems have had at launch (slightly better than average, in my opinion) and it looks like there won't be any massive stretches in time where there is nothing new to play on 2014. I guess if you have an irrational hate of "indie" games, you might be concerned about what comes out after Infamous, but many of the games I'm looking forward to most are games like Outlast, Resogun, and Galak-Z. I'm also anxious to see when games like Destiny and The Evil Within will release.
---
Currently Playing: Outlast, Resistance 3, and Vampire: The Masquerade
#10RybalPosted 9/6/2013 12:42:49 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
infamous
uncharted 4
the order
gt6 ps4 edition
the last of us ps4 edition
indie crap
psn titles

So, 3 new AAA titles (infamous, uncharted, the order) , and 2 ps3 games ported to ps4 with slightly better graphics (although gt6 might be more than just better graphics) .

I.e - 3 AAA games in 2014. Which would mean 8 AAA exclusives in year one out of the 20 exclusives they promised, which means the remaining 60% of the exclusives are indie / psn.

Would you be overwhelmed or underwhelmed?

So - basically like the Wii U?

But you completely missed that actual content of the "20 exclusives" comment if you think that ANY of them are going to be indie. He specifically stated that ALL of their FIRST PARTY studios were working on new games and that 20 of the 30 were due out in the first year.

Aside from that, there will be third party support throughout the year, so we don't really have to worry about this being the lineup.