is killzone going to become a very popular shooter franchise?

#1zombiabsolPosted 9/6/2013 2:24:53 PM
it (imho) looks like the best next gen shooter followed by destiny. do you think a larger amount of people will be fans of killzone this gen? - Results (71 votes)
yes
15.49% (11 votes)
yes but not on CoD level popular
67.61% (48 votes)
no.
16.9% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think the game looks great, and I don't like FPS's, and never played killzone before, but this game looks amazing and like the best shooter that's coming up.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people like me jump on the killzone bandwagon.
---
I live for the Applause, Applause, Applause. I live for the applause-plause, live for the applause-plause!
#2DetectiveDoomPosted 9/6/2013 2:28:24 PM
It's going to be popular just cause alot of people are burnt out on CoD, and looking to try something new.That combined with the 1080p 60fps vs BF4 720p.

It will still finish behind CoD and BF4 and eventually Destiny but I think it will build a fanbase right now that could eventually grow to challenge the Big 2.
#3Y SPosted 9/6/2013 2:33:44 PM
zombiabsol posted...
I think the game looks great, and I don't like FPS's, and never played killzone before, but this game looks amazing and like the best shooter that's coming up.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot more people like me jump on the killzone bandwagon.

I think with no real competition on Vita and no other major similar exclusives on PS4, and with it being a launch game with many XBOX fans jumping to PlayStation for many reasons, Killzone being the closest thing to Halo, Killzone Mercenary & Killzone Shadow Fall will do more now for the franchise popularity than ever before.

Also it has free DLC which is a given, and will end up on PS+ sooner than any other retail FPS, so it will be more popular than ever before.
---
3DS FC = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged
#4peephole303Posted 9/6/2013 2:35:44 PM
Y S posted...
zombiabsol posted...

I think with no real competition on Vita and no other major similar exclusives on PS4, and with it being a launch game with many XBOX fans jumping to PlayStation for many reasons, Killzone being the closest thing to Halo, Killzone Mercenary & Killzone Shadow Fall will do more now for the franchise popularity than ever before.

Also it has free DLC which is a given, and will end up on PS+ sooner than any other retail FPS, so it will be more popular than ever before.

free maps it still has paid dlc they just dont want to split the user base
#5albanianx1Posted 9/6/2013 2:41:46 PM
yes but not on CoD level popular
This. If you are expecting 10 million, then you are crazy. But it is in terms of pre orders, only behind Watch Dogs atm. It's beating everything else at the moment. I think it has a chance to sell very well, something like 4-5 million is certainly possible.

It is getting a lot of hype, the question is whether Sony has learned their lesson and will they finally start advertising the games properly? This is something they can learn a lot from Microsoft and EA.
---
PSN: eaglespirit
#613_TanksPosted 9/6/2013 2:42:32 PM
A lot of people who would of never looked twice at a KZ game are going to pick up Shadow Fall because it is the biggest PS3 exclusive launch title. I think a good amount of them will enjoy the product.

Titanfall is the only game I think can finally knock Call of Duty from its throne though.
---
Check out what I'm playing this week at:
http://www.gamesmelter.com/what-im-playing-this-week-12/
#7UniversquallPosted 9/6/2013 2:46:34 PM
A F2P knocking down Call of Duty. No chance.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout
#8Y SPosted 9/6/2013 2:53:04 PM
Universquall posted...

KZSF is not F2P :)
---
#9Y SPosted 9/6/2013 2:54:03 PM
Universquall posted...

And you ignorance stopped you from understanding the title of the topic.
---
#10UniversquallPosted 9/6/2013 2:55:05 PM
That was about Titanfall. I know KZ is a complete retail product.
---
Now Playing: (PS3) Dragon's Dogma: DA
After the Fallout