is it me...or will vita tv sell more than ps4 in jpn?

#1YoyokuKOPosted 9/9/2013 2:05:39 AM
...i don't really understand why they would turn their portable in another home console. especially with ps4 coming out...
#2iamtruthPosted 9/9/2013 2:07:35 AM
no they will co-exist
#3VanderZooPosted 9/9/2013 2:08:54 AM
Well companies care more about selling software than hardware. So I assume they're happy to have it be more popular than the PS4. It actually seems very well suited to the Japanese market, this kind of device could be what draws people back into console games instead of handhelds.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#4Pharsti01Posted 9/9/2013 2:11:07 AM
Because some people dont care about the portability of a handheld system?

Like me for example, i have a Vita, but i couldnt care less about its portability, i want its games, and i play it at home (really, if im not at home im generally doing something that impedes gaming, like working, shopping or "socializing" XD).
So yeah, for me, its a must have..... well.... it was.... if i actually could remember the last time i played my Vita -_-.

And like someone already said, they wont cannibalize each other, theyll coexist.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#5181stCommanderPosted 9/9/2013 2:12:46 AM
Maybe. But in the west PS4 will outsell it. If it comes to the west.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#6S1NFULPosted 9/9/2013 12:05:10 PM
Yea, it's only $100, so #affordable
#7mankindismymaskPosted 9/9/2013 12:31:42 PM
No. Vita TV seems to be a device that's designed with a Western style of life in mind, it's pretty much an Apple TV, give or take.

Vita is more inclined to Japanese life style, with all that on-the-go gaming and whatnot
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 9/9/2013 12:35:09 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
...i don't really understand why they would turn their portable in another home console. especially with ps4 coming out...

I don't understand why people would consider this a negative?

The Japanese market is very different from the western market, they are handheld driven. You may see this as a bad thing, but this could very well sell more PS4's as well too....due to the integration with remote play.

Regardless, this just boosts Sony's presence overall if it sells well, and that isn't a bad thing at all....especially if you own a vita already.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#9PangLaPosted 9/9/2013 12:37:40 PM
Don't know why they even bother releasing it in Japan. Home consoles are pretty much dead in Japan.
#10YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 5:40:39 AM
am i right yet?