is it me...or will vita tv sell more than ps4 in jpn?

#11shadowofomiocPosted 9/10/2013 6:48:08 AM
I'm all about portability. But the Vita TV is going to be a simple solution for people who want to play their PS4 elsewhere on other televisions. Or play the Vita on the big screen, or whatever.

It has alot of functionality to it, so the appeal is wide reaching.

My favorite thing is Sony is adding all this functionality to the PS4/Vita but they are keeping it within the realm of gaming. And they did not have to kill the potential of the system, or the future proofing of the system for this generation by doing any of these things.
---
Politics is alot like Hockey. Noone cares until the Playoffs and then everyone is an expert.
#12YoyokuKO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:08:00 AM(edited)
if you buy a ps4 in say the US, you most likely have a dedicated tv for it. What's the point of switching tvs?

and if you want to play ps4 elsewhere, you have a vita.

in Japan switching tvs would make sense...
but why bother buying a ps4 there at all if most games there will mostly be on portables (which is now a console)

I get the appeal of playing a portable on a big screen...but its all so confusing this third wheel.
#13MetroidFan9999Posted 9/10/2013 7:11:29 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
and if you want to play ps4 elsewhere, you have a vita.

I have a vita. Truth be told, if I had the option, I would opt to play on a television rather than the handheld.

I'm a tall adult, finding a comfortable position to view a handheld is hell.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#14silenthill4vidPosted 9/10/2013 8:05:31 AM
doubful, jpn gamers game more outside the home.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#15RybalPosted 9/10/2013 9:30:17 AM
Pharsti01 posted...
Because some people dont care about the portability of a handheld system?

Like me for example, i have a Vita, but i couldnt care less about its portability, i want its games, and i play it at home (really, if im not at home im generally doing something that impedes gaming, like working, shopping or "socializing" XD).
So yeah, for me, its a must have..... well.... it was.... if i actually could remember the last time i played my Vita -_-.

And like someone already said, they wont cannibalize each other, theyll coexist.
#16NarutoPosted 9/10/2013 9:44:44 AM(edited)
YoyokuKO posted...
if you buy a ps4 in say the US, you most likely have a dedicated tv for it. What's the point of switching tvs?
Dedicated TV? I didn't know it was the American norm to have multiple TVs in the living room.

Anyways, a likely scenario would be for those of us that have the PS4 hooked up to just the one TV in the living room and want to move the game to the bedroom, it would make sense to remote play via VitaTV.
#17TerotrousPosted 9/10/2013 9:54:02 AM
I doubt it. Japan is all about actual portability, because they like to play their Vitas on trains or at lunch. You can't do this with a VitaTV.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery