Sony is just not playing fair anymore ....

#1shadowofomiocPosted 9/9/2013 4:46:51 AM
Alright Sony. You guys have beaten down MS to the point of completely changing the way their entire system was originally envisioned. You have sold out nearly every US launch unit you have prepared, which could be in the millions. You have the indie scene on lock-down at this point with nearly every indie dev working for you. You have won over legions of loyal Nintendo/MS fans who are getting the PS4 first this generation. You have the stronger hardware. You have the more future proof hardware. You have the best first party teams in the business. You have announced atleast 80 titles so far. You have the WiFi remote play with Vita. You have an incredibly impressive UI and share/livestream system integrated into a games online functionality. You are launching in 32 countries in 2013 compared to 12. Your in Japan in Feb. compared to probably May or later for MS. You had it all?

Then you go and score with Deep Down? Guilty Gear? Vita TV?! A Day with Playstation video? Suda51 developing for PS4? Yakuza on PS4?! Sengoku Musou 4 on Vita! 64GB memory card for Vita?! Phantasy Star on Vita?!!? Natural Doctrine for PS4/Vita?!!? Project Pheonix on PS4/Vita?! And you still have TGS to showcase even more. I mean ... its just becoming unfair now.

PS4 is absolutely and completely ... utterly ... annihilating the X1 right now. Sony is firing from every single barrel and they are all hitting the bullseye. It is ridiculous. Not only have they made the Vita ... pretty much a must own accessory to the PS4, but they are also making the Vita and even more competent gaming console and my god ... they are making the PS4 oh so f'in fantastic.
---
Politics is alot like Hockey. Noone cares until the Playoffs and then everyone is an expert.
#2suzukimatsuiPosted 9/9/2013 4:49:07 AM
Yum all that region free goodness of the PS4. Looking forward to enjoying another generation of great import games
#3Sinful_LifePosted 9/9/2013 4:51:33 AM
*waits for xbots to spin this*
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#4suzukimatsuiPosted 9/9/2013 4:53:16 AM
Once Idolm@ster was announced it was an automatic win for Sony and the PS4 in Japan. Everyone knows that if you have the game on your console it WILL significantly move consoles and sales there.
#5shadowofomioc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 4:56:01 AM
Watching the Day with Playstation video for a 3rd time. Just makes you feel good about the PS4/Vita/Mobile connectivity. I love how it showcases what Cerny talked about with " the joy of Play " at the original February reveal. It is just a perfect commercial/advertisement. Shows how easily you will be able to keep enjoying your PS4 games on the go. Shows how easy it is to stay in touch with what friends are doing, what games they are playing and join them right on the spot anywhere they are. Shows how the stream functionality will work even for large tournaments ( party chats! ), etc.

November 15th ... get your a** over here.
---
Politics is alot like Hockey. Noone cares until the Playoffs and then everyone is an expert.
#6SekaiIchibanPosted 9/9/2013 4:56:29 AM
We may see the a new PS2-era. I want some competition from the Xbox One, which it is not getting. I really cannot see how MS can even compete anymore.
#7shadowofomioc(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 5:03:46 AM(edited)
SekaiIchiban posted...
We may see the a new PS2-era. I want some competition from the Xbox One, which it is not getting. I really cannot see how MS can even compete anymore.

I think that is exactly what we are seeing actually.

Heck, I akin this more to the Playstation 1 era. The freedom of creation for developers. The ease of development. Cerny and Yoshida and House at the helm of it all. The price announcement of 100$ cheaper then competitor system. The competition looking on like ... " wtf is going on here?! ".

MS is spending billions on the X1 and it isn't even out yet. They are going to have to spend many billions more to keep up. But they still won't be able to.
---
#8shanafanPosted 9/9/2013 5:04:21 AM
shadowofomioc posted...
You have the indie scene on lock-down at this point with nearly every indie dev working for you.

So, that doesn't make them Indie anymore. /facepalm
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#9pigman2003Posted 9/9/2013 5:13:35 AM
It's funny, if Sony is annihilating the X1 so bad then why do we get a dozen of these topics a day?

It's either a PSA or a bunch of self assurance and considering the people here.....
#10suzukimatsuiPosted 9/9/2013 5:19:11 AM
pigman2003 posted...
It's funny, if Sony is annihilating the X1 so bad then why do we get a dozen of these topics a day?

It's either a PSA or a bunch of self assurance and considering the people here.....

Dude get out of here you troll. It's just the fact that we all just got to hear what Sony has in terms of their plans for Japan with their releases. I haven't heard anything from the XBone camp talking about a Japanese release or games coming out from there for the bone in Japan.