I really pity japan

#1kyo99Posted 9/12/2013 10:43:31 PM
Even Latin America gets the console before them.
---
The future will be my past- Eike Kush
#2EVENTYDEPosted 9/12/2013 10:46:09 PM
Hmmm...
---
XBL GT: EVENTYDE
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAgDuZd551cqxVS_N1GpHSg?view_as=public
#3BruceLee1974Posted 9/12/2013 10:50:04 PM(edited)
Sony have said themselves the games aren't ready for japan and Japan needs their type of games. They probably wouldn't be happy if the console launched over there with all these Western games and no Japanese games.

also they would probably need a lot more console to fill the demands for Japan.

But I don't feel sorry for them at all becuase they normally always get stuff before us anyway so about time places like Australia and Europe get things before they do
#4pokemon_45_79_1Posted 9/12/2013 10:50:52 PM
Remember Sony is focused on the west where they need to work, they already have Japan against MS as MS consoles will flop in Japan.

Sony wants to focus on the west especially in NA where they are weakest, THey are strongest in Japan, and in euro zone they are pretty strong.

This is the reason why Japan not getting until early 2014.

Sony does not need to work to win Japan.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#5KabtheMentatPosted 9/12/2013 10:53:14 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Sony have said themselves the games aren't ready for japan and Japan needs their type of games. They probably wouldn't be happy if the console launched over there with all these Western games and no Japanese games.

But I don't feel sorry for them at all becuase they normally always get stuff before us anyway so about time places like Australia and Europe get things before they do

Doubtful. PS4 may not flop in Japan, but it's not going to be a huge seller either. Sony MAY break even on it.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6BruceLee1974Posted 9/12/2013 10:55:10 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...

Doubtful. PS4 may not flop in Japan, but it's not going to be a huge seller either. Sony MAY break even on it.

So who is their competitor in Japan for gaming consoles, WiiU or Xbox1 haha ?

Seems to me if Japan wants a gaming console and not a handheld, PS4 is the only real choice.
#7KabtheMentatPosted 9/12/2013 11:07:48 PM
That's the problem. Japan doesn't want HD consoles. They want handhelds. Consoles and console games are a fairly niche market in Japan nowadays. Sales for them are poor. Quality of games being made for them are poor. It's just a bad place to be right now if you're trying to peddle HD consoles.

On the other hand, in the West, sales are great, the market is still growing, the people in that market have more disposable income, thus are more likely to buy more games for those HD consoles. And game development in the West has been booming since about 10 years ago.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#8kyo99(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:10:03 PM
Handheld sux. I can see why jpn is stagnant for the past decade
---
The future will be my past- Eike Kush
#9BruceLee1974Posted 9/12/2013 11:11:19 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
That's the problem. Japan doesn't want HD consoles. They want handhelds. Consoles and console games are a fairly niche market in Japan nowadays. Sales for them are poor. Quality of games being made for them are poor. It's just a bad place to be right now if you're trying to peddle HD consoles.

On the other hand, in the West, sales are great, the market is still growing, the people in that market have more disposable income, thus are more likely to buy more games for those HD consoles. And game development in the West has been booming since about 10 years ago.

Maybe it will change next gen becuase everyone is going crazy about that Vita Tv, and many might buy a PS4 because of this or vice versa, buy the PS4 first then the Vita.

Who knows with japan really, but I think the PS4 will do well there but that is just My Opinion.
#10KabtheMentatPosted 9/12/2013 11:13:10 PM
Handhelds are pretty cool IMO, but they're starting to suffer because we're starting to get a lot of those pedo panty sniffer games for them now. Handhelds was a place devs and publishers could go to do some different and unique things because the cost of development were much lower, so the amount of games you needed to sell to just break even was much easier to obtain.

But you're starting to see the flood of crap that's plagued the Japanese HD gaming scene.
---
Skillz Ferguson