How many years do you think the PS4 will last before the PS5?

#1skermacPosted 9/14/2013 7:36:29 AM
Its 7 years between the PS3 and 4, how long before the PS5? 7 years? or more?

I personally think they should not come out with the PS5 until its capable of cgi/photo realistic graphics even if it takes 10 years. And 10 years from now there should be some new video besides Blu-ray. We went from vcr to dvd to Blu-ray. Whatever the next jump is needs to be in the PS5.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2GiannyBoy0924Posted 9/14/2013 7:37:31 AM
Can you repost this as a poll? And i'd say 8 years.
---
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie
#3The Hulkster IIPosted 9/14/2013 7:37:31 AM
7-8 years

console life span is getting longer now since they cost so much to make they want to squeeze every last penny out of them
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, And That is True!
#4doc1369Posted 9/14/2013 7:41:36 AM
I think this is the last physical copy of a game gen. So how long until the PS5 has to do with people getting over going digital. With Gamestop holding the leash it may take some time. I vote ten years.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#5skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 7:50:33 AM
doc1369 posted...
I think this is the last physical copy of a game gen. So how long until the PS5 has to do with people getting over going digital. With Gamestop holding the leash it may take some time. I vote ten years.

No console can go fully digital until every country has high speed brandband and that isn't likely soon.

Even here in the United States we don't have the capability to go full digital 1080p, or 10 years from now 4k or whatever the graphics capability is then. It would take 6 hours or more to d/l a game.

But, if everyone has 100-200 gb download speed 7-10 years from now we can all go digital easily.
---
#6doc1369Posted 9/14/2013 7:54:28 AM
skermac posted...
doc1369 posted...

No console can go fully digital until every country has high speed brandband and that isn't likely soon.

Even here in the United States we don't have the capability to go full digital 1080p, or 10 years from now 4k or whatever the graphics capability is then. It would take 6 hours or more to d/l a game.

But, if everyone has 100-200 gb download speed 7-10 years from now we can all go digital easily.

So you agree, ten years lol. I don't see downloading a game, streaming will be what we do. Would you rather go to blockbuster or netflix?
---
#7king_maddenPosted 9/14/2013 7:59:25 AM
skermac posted...
doc1369 posted...

If everyone can get to 20-50 speed it would be fine, I was at 20 for awhile and it didn't take that long to download most games.
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 8:01:20 AM
king_madden posted...
skermac posted...
doc1369 posted...

If everyone can get to 20-50 speed it would be fine, I was at 20 for awhile and it didn't take that long to download most games.

But 10 years from now games will probably be 100gb just for 4k graphics. Hard to stream that?
---
#9doc1369Posted 9/14/2013 8:04:17 AM
It won't be hard to stream a 4k game at all. Think of streaming a HD movie in 2003. Now it takes seconds.
---