Why are people excited about Deep Down? Do people not know what free-to-play is?

#1TerraUniversePosted 9/21/2013 5:18:33 AM
It's going to be like Candy Crush Saga or Real Racing 3 on iOS.

Deep Down will be all about trying to take as much money as they can from you. It's probably going to take a long time to level up and the game will be designed to make you get addicted by doing repetitious things, the same way the iPhone games do. Then, they'll lock out costumes, special abilities and extra levels.

So, it'll be you have to grind for the next 5 hours to get 10 coins to buy the armor, or pay $4.99 for the 15 coins pack. They'll so many items like this, and they'll probably have a $99.99 coin pack as well, like the iPhone games have.

I understand that it's business, so of course they're going to try to make money, and free-to-play are big money makers, that's for sure. I think some of the highest grossing games on iTunes are free-to-play. That's 'cause there're always enough people that are willing to literally pay HUNDREDS of dollars to buy all of the stuff that they sell. They don't care about the people that aren't paying.

Meanwhile, if you want to get by for free, it'll be like Plants vs. Zombies 2, where you can only use one or two equipments and items, instead of the other cool gadgets, and it'll take you longer. That's IF they let you finish the game without paying.
#2SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 9/21/2013 5:23:40 AM
They'd probably do all that anyway. This is Capcom we're talking about.
---
You're in the Torgue Zone now, baby! If you ain't made of gasoline, metal or bacon, get the F*** OUT!
#3BriankblPosted 9/21/2013 5:28:06 AM
If it's free to play, just spend $60 to unlock what you want to unlock, then don't spend any more real money. There...you just made a free to play game a full priced retail game. Enjoy and quit being so damn pessimistic about every little damn thing. Thanks.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#4kyncaniPosted 9/21/2013 5:30:05 AM
Ah, Plants vs Zombies 2, completely forgotten about that one, I need it :)

Anyway, absolutely zero excitement about Deep Down.

Capcom.
#5chrish909Posted 9/21/2013 5:43:46 AM
Briankbl posted...
If it's free to play, just spend $60 to unlock what you want to unlock, then don't spend any more real money. There...you just made a free to play game a full priced retail game. Enjoy and quit being so damn pessimistic about every little damn thing. Thanks.

But f2p games are lower quality than your average aaa game.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#6uptown710Posted 9/21/2013 5:46:52 AM
ITT : we pass judgment before a product is released.

You guys should really try judging these things on a game by game perspective. Yes capcom has made some horrible moves in the past few years, but it's best to wait till they actually you know, screw this up before saying they've done so.

That being said, DD looks interesting, but there's a whole lot that wasn't shown/explained. I'll keep it on the radar and see where they are going with it.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#7Neo_PortaPottyPosted 9/21/2013 5:54:39 AM
chrish909 posted...
Briankbl posted...

Path of exile would like to have a word with you it's f2p and is better then its direct aaa competition and only sells cosmetics and unneeded extra stash tabs.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#8Mindwipe77Posted 9/21/2013 6:15:03 AM
i thought this was a regular retail-disc release, now its a download only ftp micro transaction title? nope pass, first x1's crimson dragon and now this, the way of the digital is approaching....
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#9TheRealPhattyJPosted 9/21/2013 6:26:37 AM
chrish909 posted...
Briankbl posted...

Tell that to DCUO ;)
#10Mindwipe77Posted 9/21/2013 6:32:30 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
chrish909 posted...
Briankbl posted...

Tell that to DCUO ;)

the community in dcuo is lower quality because of ftp but the game itself is AAA in my book
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!