Why are people excited about Deep Down? Do people not know what free-to-play is?

#41king_maddenPosted 9/28/2013 9:54:31 AM
pay to win what exactly? im sure as with most free console games, the stuff you can buy you can more than likely earn, but what are you winning?

I didnt see anything that PVP but i havent looked at much about it. all ive seen is the people teaming up for quests or whatever so I could be wrong.

hell if I found a f2p game worth playing (and i try just about all of them), I wish more had the pay to win model, gamers these days play games all day and night, so gamers like me who has to squeeze in a couple hours every other day, it pretty much makes it unfair to keep up with a lot of the players on there.
#42skermacPosted 9/28/2013 9:58:55 AM
chrish909 posted...
Briankbl posted...
If it's free to play, just spend $60 to unlock what you want to unlock, then don't spend any more real money. There...you just made a free to play game a full priced retail game. Enjoy and quit being so damn pessimistic about every little damn thing. Thanks.

But f2p games are lower quality than your average aaa game.

They will be the same as AAA on the PS4. Not low quality at all.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#43Jason_HudsonPosted 9/28/2013 10:04:02 AM
Deep Down is free to play? I don't think I'll bother much with it - only ever had bad experiences with free to play. It's true what the OP says - they will give you half a game and force you to pay out in order to enjoy it. If they say "you can earn everything in game", what they don't tell you is that it'll take an obscene amount of time and tedious gameplay to get there.
---
Thank you for saving gaming, Gabe Newell
#44king_maddenPosted 9/28/2013 10:19:00 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Deep Down is free to play? I don't think I'll bother much with it - only ever had bad experiences with free to play. It's true what the OP says - they will give you half a game and force you to pay out in order to enjoy it. If they say "you can earn everything in game", what they don't tell you is that it'll take an obscene amount of time and tedious gameplay to get there.

so why dont you spend money on it?

I always thought it was odd people will spend $60 or so on a game, but if its free they refuse to play it because all of a sudden they feel they shouldnt have to spend anything yet they expect a full feature rich game that gives you everything and they dont want to buy anything.

I say why not spend a couple bucks, that way you get a game where you can enjoy most of it without paying the full price of a game?
#45crucialPosted 9/28/2013 11:02:21 AM
Capcom+F2P=rip off,this is coming from a company that put's DLC on disc for you to pay for later(SF x Tekken)and a company who releases game's like LP3 and Remember Me oh and RE:ORC and RE6.

No thank's Crapcom I would rather play good game's with out opening my wallet every other day.
#46TheGreatUnownPosted 9/28/2013 11:13:12 AM
Because even if it's bad and they waste their time playing, they won't be out any money unless they paid for something in-game (and I don't know why they would do that if they don't like it), whereas with other console games, they'd be out both time and about $60.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579 XBL:IronPatriot215
Trolls should see this: http://youtu.be/Tkm5K2fu0AI?t=1m38s
#47king_maddenPosted 9/28/2013 1:21:24 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
Because even if it's bad and they waste their time playing, they won't be out any money unless they paid for something in-game (and I don't know why they would do that if they don't like it), whereas with other console games, they'd be out both time and about $60.

Didn't you know playing a free game is a terrible experience, it forces you to buy optional items. It makes more sense to spend $40 and up on a game and possibly not like it, than to spend nothin on a game.
#48dj___rollPosted 9/28/2013 2:11:42 PM
Quote:It's going to be like Candy Crush Saga or Real Racing 3 on iOS.

Deep Down will be all about trying to take as much money as they can from you. It's probably going to take a long time to level up and the game will be designed to make you get addicted by doing repetitious things, the same way the iPhone games do. Then, they'll lock out costumes, special abilities and extra levels.

So, it'll be you have to grind for the next 5 hours to get 10 coins to buy the armor, or pay $4.99 for the 15 coins pack. They'll so many items like this, and they'll probably have a $99.99 coin pack as well, like the iPhone games have.

I understand that it's business, so of course they're going to try to make money, and free-to-play are big money makers, that's for sure. I think some of the highest grossing games on iTunes are free-to-play. That's 'cause there're always enough people that are willing to literally pay HUNDREDS of dollars to buy all of the stuff that they sell. They don't care about the people that aren't paying.

Meanwhile, if you want to get by for free, it'll be like Plants vs. Zombies 2, where you can only use one or two equipments and items, instead of the other cool gadgets, and it'll take you longer. That's IF they let you finish the game without paying.

@TerraUniverse
why is it people don't get that other people can have a different opinion and not be wrong?
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12