MLB: The Show on PS4 is going to be a system seller

#11MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 3:36:40 PM
SearchmanV16 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...
MLB The Show is head and shoulders above all MLB games. The only thing that can top is MVP Baseball 05 with next gen graphics and updated rosters with a career mode too. MLB 2k14 would fail since it sucks. Announcers need refreshing in MLB the Show. I think that the graphics are the best for a sports game this gen. NBA 2k is in 2nd.

Yeah MLB 2005 was definitely the best baseball game. Shame about EA not making MLB games because of the exclusive deal 2K got. They never even managed to put out a good game all those years. At least The Show existed to replace MLB as the premier baseball game.

Well, 2k/SEGA never really had an exclusive. MLB 05 was out on the PSP and then came out as MLB The Show after 06.

Yeah, my bad, I misnamed MVP to MLB several times in that post by accident. The deal 2K had was exclusive third party deal, but a platform holder was still allowed to create one if they wanted to. So really it just hurt EA more than anything.

Yeah, but it didn't really hurt because EA grew even more through the acquisition of Bioware from Microsoft's game publishing rights for Mass Effect. That also led to Dragon Age too. Madden grew like crazy and EA just tried their hands at college baseball, which flopped since nobody buys those games. FIFA and NHL are the pinnacles of their empire for sports imo. Madden and NCAA both could be better. The best thing for the market is no exclusive deals and letting the better publisher and developers make profits for their best work. Madden should imitate ESPN NFL 2k5 and then just improve the animations and presentation. I mean EA was super lazy. My favorite basketball game from EA: NCAA Basketball 10 with CBS Telemetry and ESPN Telemetry as well. They could've put CBS presentation in Madden and NCAA, but no. They had to go with some other stuff. Smh EA.

Well, it still did kind of hurt EA in that they lost an annual revenue stream with MVP, which I believe was by far the best selling MLB brand on the market at the time. Also, Take Two has capitalized on NBA2K, to the point where it's a big time seller. It's always in the top 10 NPD for very long after release. While EA has failed to compete in that space the last few years.

NHL is bigger now than it used to be. Tiger Woods was big for awhile but they apparently took this year off to make a new engine.

It's kind of a dark time for sports games as far as competition and releases goes. NCAA Football and NFL are exclusive to EA. Baseball to Sony pretty much at this point. NHL to EA. NBA to Take Two (unless new Live doesn't suck). Tiger Woods unavailable this year. No NCCA basketball games. No NASCAR games. No NBA Street games, no Blitz or NHL Hitz, no Power Pros.

The only one that seems a contender is new PES and that's with EA's exclusive FIFA rights.
#12suzukimatsuiPosted 9/23/2013 4:51:42 PM
If they actually made an American licensed version of MLB Power Pros again for the PS4 that would be a great game and comperable to the Show. I know that the Japanese version Jikkyou Powerul Pro Yakyuu will be coming out for the PS4 and that series has ALWAYS been solid like the Show
#13CloneTheHeroPosted 9/23/2013 5:10:23 PM
nmaharg81 posted...
Game couldn't even sell a million units on the ps3. So no it won't. No one cares about baseball anymore. Maybe if it were a basketball or football game.

LOL!!! How ignorant can you be? Actually baseball is a more popular sport than basketball, reeling in $500 Mil a year, almost double of that of the NBA.

In this country it goes NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. Just because YOU hate baseball doesn't mean everyone does too,
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, LittleBigPlanet
#14CloneTheHeroPosted 9/23/2013 5:15:41 PM(edited)
crucial posted...
This game won't even sell 500,000 units,MS sells more sports games on there consoles and since this is an exclusive to the PS4 and will not move units what so ever.

If it was football or basketball then yes it would move units but baseball is dead in the states and so are the game's.

NHL 14 will sell better.

"baseball is dead" look everybody! another clown who assumes baseball is dead just because HE hates it.
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, LittleBigPlanet
#15sinncrossPosted 9/23/2013 5:46:43 PM
crucial posted...
This game won't even sell 500,000 units,MS sells more sports games on there consoles and since this is an exclusive to the PS4 and will not move units what so ever.

So? As long as it makes a profit I doubt Sony cares how much it sells.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#16skermacPosted 9/23/2013 5:50:15 PM
crucial posted...

If it was football or basketball then yes it would move units but baseball is dead in the states and so are the game's.

NHL 14 will sell better.

Baseball dead? Its the great American pass time!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#17nmaharg81Posted 9/23/2013 6:04:21 PM
CloneTheHero posted...
crucial posted...

NHL 14 will sell better.

"baseball is dead" look everybody! another clown who assumes baseball is dead just because HE hates it.

Baseball is dead because its no longer popular. No denying that.
#18suzukimatsuiPosted 9/23/2013 6:13:21 PM
nmaharg81 posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
crucial posted...

NHL 14 will sell better.

Ugh no..... Baseball is still very popular in the US and the World.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/21511690/poll-finds-baseball-as-secondmost-popular-american-sport

It's a little old but having over 100 million fans hardly means its not popular
#19chrish909Posted 9/23/2013 8:22:40 PM
The reason its the only next gen baseball game is because clearly the baseball video games arent selling. Like the other guy said it sold less than a million on ps3. Ps4 will have a smaller install base than ps3 so it will sell worse. If it sold less than a million on ps3 and ps4s install base being smaller, it will likely be very similar to the last one because how big could the budget of been if the last game didnt sell well and now they are selling to a smaller audience. Lol

But what do I know I never heard of this game until this topic and I only read the first 4 posts.

I didnt even know they still made baseball games.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#20crazyman32Posted 9/23/2013 8:31:05 PM
nmaharg81 posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
crucial posted...

NHL 14 will sell better.

wrong.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.