That 50GB Killzone download worries me.

#1Foxx3kPosted 9/30/2013 4:59:54 PM
I deeply hope to go all digital next-generation. There's value in being able to easily and quickly switch between games. For people like myself, who have very large game libraries, switching discs can become obnoxious.

My download speed doesn't necessarily concern me. I have 25Mbit down, which should be fully reasonable, especially if I can play while downloading. What worries me is being able to actually get those speeds from Sony. When I downloaded Saints Row 3 from PS+, it took well over ten hours to download. And that was only ~10GB.

Hm...

I wonder if you will be able to 'install' a game from a disc. I'm sure that I'll have friends that buy physical discs. Maybe I could "download" from the disc? Or even just pay $3 at a RedBox to skip the download ... probably save money in the long run if I run close to having my internet throttled.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#2tacomaniiPosted 9/30/2013 5:02:56 PM
Did you expect them to be smaller? Every system is exponentially larger than the previous.

plus your internet speed is probably exponentially than it was 10 years ago too.
---
This comment may have not brought anything to the conversation, and may be offensive. It has been written. WiiU=PSN=XBOX= Tacomanii
#3Thermador446Posted 9/30/2013 6:44:05 PM(edited)
You have plenty of options TC

A. get better internet
B. shut up
C. buy physical
D. buy digital and shut up

With all the options, only a fool would worry
---
"While you are wasting your time castrating a priceless antique, I have been systematically feeding babies to hungry mutated puppies!"
#4demesjos2Posted 9/30/2013 6:02:14 PM
The network card in the ps3 is pretty slow. I feel your pain with taking forever to DL stuff to it.
---
Currently playing - SMT IV, Suikoden V, waiting on Tales of Xilia to arrive at my door
#5BruceLee1974Posted 9/30/2013 6:07:09 PM
That's why I will always be buying PHYSICAL copies of games. So much easier and hassle free.
#6TigercmlPosted 9/30/2013 6:25:32 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
That's why I will always be buying PHYSICAL copies of games. So much easier and hassle free.

Plus the fact that you actually own the game. As apposed to digital where you're basically renting a game at full price.
#7doc1369Posted 9/30/2013 6:29:02 PM
The fact we can't invent something that would search Gamefaqs to see if there is a topic already about a subject, like on the same page even worries me.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#8Sevi_neyPosted 9/30/2013 6:29:59 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...

Yeah. Instead of wasting 40 hours downloading a 50 gig game (and praying your internet doesn't crash in that time), maybe it would be less hassle to just own a physical copy and put it on a shelf area with PS4 games?
---
You will see us everywhere, even in your nightmares...
http://i.imgur.com/Y97KtJD.jpg
#9NeoMonkPosted 9/30/2013 6:33:19 PM
There's no winning here whiners...

You want all digital?

You need a good internet
& the space to install the content

You can't get digital and expect it to somehow magically be 2kbs big... with your horrendous dial up

Stop the whining or buy the DISK.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#10methosagainPosted 9/30/2013 6:42:30 PM
My biggest worry is if Sony stupidly goes with the same HDD standard as last gen, instead of something more future proof and with larger HDD specs
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that