Why are people giving away money for a game? Mighty No. 9

#1skermacPosted 10/2/2013 7:28:59 AM
They are taking all these suckers donations to make a game. If the game sells big and they make millions that means they get rich off the people that gave them money. Its not an investment as the people get none of their money back.

These proves the old saying is true, there is a sucker born every minute.

ps- If you like GTAV or COD Ghosts why not send $100 donation to the devs as a tip.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2ThePCElitistPosted 10/2/2013 7:39:35 AM
Every person that donates "x" amount of money gets a copy of the game at no extra charge. You've made no valid point.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:39:51 AM
ok, I change my tune a little, you do get a few things, for your investment so they aren't just taking the money and running. I just now looked it up. Hard to believe 48 people gave them $500, that's more than the PS4! But 16 people donated $1,000, 14 people gave $2500

And the top of the line? 4 people donated $10,000 with 5 slots left as of the article date.

What do you get for $10,000 besides a copy of the game?

Dinner and drinks with the man, the myth, the legend, Keiji Inafune, here in Tokyo. (Travel and lodging expenses are not included.) Includes all previous non-limited rewards. (Check the reward section of the page for more details.)

Estimated delivery: Feb 2014

Here's a list of what each donor gets from $5 to $10,000

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
---
#4brisashiPosted 10/2/2013 7:41:38 AM
I'll add this to list of awful skermac topics.
---
A wizard did it.
Underrated/Overrated: language of the modern internet hipster
#5samuellee60Posted 10/2/2013 7:42:41 AM
TC,

You are mad because people are spending their money the way they want to?
Is that right?
---
Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh! - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:43:06 AM
brisashi posted...
I'll add this to list of awful skermac topics.

With all the awful topics on here by a lot of different people you must have thousands of awful topics on your list.
---
#7king_maddenPosted 10/2/2013 7:43:12 AM
I'm kinda with you here TC. I look at this as worst than dlc sold before a game. You got people donating all this money to a game they have no idea if it's gonna be good, but if the dev tell them what they wanna hear they pour in money.
#8skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:45:46 AM
samuellee60 posted...
TC,

Is that right?

Not mad at all, just shaking my head at people doing this. If you truly love the game I could see it. But no one knows anything about the game yet other than its a side scroller.
---
#9Snipersnake111Posted 10/2/2013 7:52:07 AM
I didn't give any money for this game's kickstarter effort, but I'm planning on getting it whenever it comes out. I was tempted to give to it though, especially if it was close on not making, but it did, so I felt no need.
---
PSN: Snipersnake111
"Our lives are in your hands and you've got butterfingers?"
#10ukokira1Posted 10/2/2013 8:05:16 AM
skermac posted...
samuellee60 posted...
TC,

Is that right?

Not mad at all, just shaking my head at people doing this. If you truly love the game I could see it. But no one knows anything about the game yet other than its a side scroller.

There is a lot more known information.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12