Why are people giving away money for a game? Mighty No. 9

#91Dark MoonPosted 10/3/2013 10:17:26 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...

RyuuHou25 posted...

And how not exactly? I found the kickstarter the day after it began. I've read through it numerous times, I know the rewards, I know the levels, I know who the programmers are, etc etc. So how in the f*** did you come to the conclusion I made a post with little to no research myself?

Sorry wasn't actually you I was talking about, it was the TC. Thought it would of been obvious since that was the based of the quote I used. Although, the quoted message was getting pretty long.
---
PSN: LazusX
#92RyuuHou25Posted 10/3/2013 10:35:37 AM
Dark Moon posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

RyuuHou25 posted...

And how not exactly? I found the kickstarter the day after it began. I've read through it numerous times, I know the rewards, I know the levels, I know who the programmers are, etc etc. So how in the f*** did you come to the conclusion I made a post with little to no research myself?

Sorry wasn't actually you I was talking about, it was the TC. Thought it would of been obvious since that was the based of the quote I used. Although, the quoted message was getting pretty long.

That was why I asked if it was me you were talking to before. No worries though.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#93tempacc001Posted 10/7/2013 6:22:00 PM
Not Just Donating, i would do more if they ask me to
after all i would contribute to what the game achieve (ex:the game is anti evil doing)
i would have helped pass the idea.
but this does not apply for every game or project, i would not donate to a game that use profanation as a secondary source of income for example.
so its pretty much donate to what you want to contribute/help happen, but if it turn badly not only you lose your money but more.
#94Pinoy441Posted 10/7/2013 6:51:14 PM
Aaand TC is now on the ignore list.

This topic isn't even relevant to this board either.
---
*grabs popcorn*
#95RussellGorallPosted 10/7/2013 9:08:23 PM
Pinoy441 posted...
Aaand TC is now on the ignore list.

This topic isn't even relevant to this board either.

It is a game coming to the PS4.

If you do not think this is worth a look, why are you replying?
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus
#96IzecPosted 10/7/2013 9:15:48 PM
Because unless you know somebody, you generally have to pay for games in general?

It's not like Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter was just "you donate and get nothing." You get the game itself for donating $20. Extra content for $40, all the exclusive content for $60, and beta access for $80. Then there are other perks for donating higher amounts.

skermac posted...
ps- If you like GTAV or COD Ghosts why not send $100 donation to the devs as a tip.

Because I'm already buying the damn game for full price? And unlike MN9, GTA and COD are thriving series released by rich established businesses that need no extra help?
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#97jrr18Posted 10/7/2013 9:17:45 PM
skermac posted...
ok, I change my tune a little, you do get a few things, for your investment so they aren't just taking the money and running. I just now looked it up. Hard to believe 48 people gave them $500, that's more than the PS4! But 16 people donated $1,000, 14 people gave $2500

And the top of the line? 4 people donated $10,000 with 5 slots left as of the article date.

What do you get for $10,000 besides a copy of the game?

Dinner and drinks with the man, the myth, the legend, Keiji Inafune, here in Tokyo. (Travel and lodging expenses are not included.) Includes all previous non-limited rewards. (Check the reward section of the page for more details.)

Estimated delivery: Feb 2014

Here's a list of what each donor gets from $5 to $10,000

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

to be fair if you can give away 10 grand you can go to Tokyo for a few days
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
#98avalanche99xPosted 10/7/2013 9:23:46 PM
Did people hating on this not grow up with Megaman? This is an attempt to revive a gaming legend. You're damn right money will be pouring in to support something that will hopefully revitalize an icon.

Really, it's all about passion.
---
Blown your cover, ICU- http://z7.invisionfree.com/ICUclan/index.php?act=idx
PSN: avalanche99x2