*groan* Why did Sony have to start charging for online???

#1Chr0noidPosted 10/2/2013 1:43:31 PM
With every game nowadays having some sort of stupid tacked on multiplayer or online function, I can only assume it will get even worse next gen. This will make it increasingly difficult to get the full value of the games I buy. I refused to pay for Xbox Live for the past 5 years and I always went with the PS3 if I got a fighting game or some other online focused title. But now, here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place. Even if by some miracle of God Bloody Roar 5 comes out, I won't be able to play it online because I refuse to pay redundantly for my internet.
---
The original ending is like getting shot in the neck. The extended cut is like getting shot in the waist.-fennell92 on Mass Effect 3
#2THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 10/2/2013 1:47:04 PM
Dems the breaks.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#3KabtheMentatPosted 10/2/2013 1:48:41 PM
Because otherwise it would be impossible for PSN to be anything but **** tier for online gaming.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4doc1369Posted 10/2/2013 1:48:44 PM
People send money to developers to make a game, then the developer keeps the money from the sale of the game. Called a "start up" program. Are you really suprized they charge for multiplayer?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#5KabtheMentatPosted 10/2/2013 1:50:24 PM
doc1369 posted...
People send money to developers to make a game, then the developer keeps the money from the sale of the game. Called a "start up" program. Are you really suprized they charge for multiplayer?

You forgot the part where when you send money to a developer for a game, they send you a game in return.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#6doc1369Posted 10/2/2013 1:53:20 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
doc1369 posted...

You forgot the part where when you send money to a developer for a game, they send you a game in return.

So eveyone just sends the cost of the game? No they send more but the developer keeps the profit from the sale of the game to someone not involved in the start up. So no, I remember. Question is do you understand?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#7SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 10/2/2013 1:53:36 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
doc1369 posted...

Wut....i know you mean when you buy a game but you send that money to the retailer first, and the game has already been made....
---
Gods fear us. Demons fear us. We have hounded kings and angels. We have taken vengeance on worlds and universes. We are the Kindly Ones. We are the Eumenides.
#8steveboblarryPosted 10/2/2013 1:55:11 PM
Obama care
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#9Chr0noid(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 2:08:22 PM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Dems the breaks.

I wish I had the luxury of being apathetic about ****ing every thing.
---
The original ending is like getting shot in the neck. The extended cut is like getting shot in the waist.-fennell92 on Mass Effect 3
#10KabtheMentatPosted 10/2/2013 2:10:46 PM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
doc1369 posted...

Wut....i know you mean when you buy a game but you send that money to the retailer first, and the game has already been made....

On Kickstarter if you fund the game, you get a copy of it when it's done. If you give a minimum amount of money...which is generally $15-$30.

Not tough to understand.
---
Skillz Ferguson