BF4 on PS3 or PS4? What are you guys doing?

#1Suppaman234Posted 10/3/2013 9:31:41 AM
So I just played the beta for BF4 and it was atrocious in terms of controls and graphics and yes, I know it's an ancient build of BF4. That being said I'm deciding whether or not to pick this up solely on my experience from BF3. I loved the crap out of it and I already have a PS4 pre-ordered for it. My only problem is it's not smart or intelligent to buy a system at launch with all the bugs and kinks. Also, deep down, I know I'd like to spend that $400 on the console on something more sensible like fixing up my car, paying bills or paying school fees. I am a student and only have a part time job. So I have these options:

1) Cancel pre-order for PS4, pick up a PS3 copy (Stats and progression transfer over to PS4) and pick up a PS4 + BF4 later in 2014 or 2015 when all the bugs are ironed out of the PS4. Also have GTA V, and will have Arkham Origins to play in the meantime. (Sensible)

2) Eff it, and get PS4 + BF4 (Not sensible but those next gen graphics though)

3)Wait two years and pick up a PS4 in 2016 since there will be the inevitable PS4 Slim, price drop and BF5. (Smartest decision but it'll be a pain in the bum waiting 2 years for a Battlefield fix).

What are you guys doing and what would you do in my situation?
#2pauladeandaPosted 10/3/2013 9:38:58 AM
Suppaman234 posted...
So I just played the beta for BF4 and it was atrocious in terms of controls and graphics and yes, I know it's an ancient build of BF4. That being said I'm deciding whether or not to pick this up solely on my experience from BF3. I loved the crap out of it and I already have a PS4 pre-ordered for it. My only problem is it's not smart or intelligent to buy a system at launch with all the bugs and kinks. Also, deep down, I know I'd like to spend that $400 on the console on something more sensible like fixing up my car, paying bills or paying school fees. I am a student and only have a part time job. So I have these options:

1) Cancel pre-order for PS4, pick up a PS3 copy (Stats and progression transfer over to PS4) and pick up a PS4 + BF4 later in 2014 or 2015 when all the bugs are ironed out of the PS4. Also have GTA V, and will have Arkham Origins to play in the meantime. (Sensible)

2) Eff it, and get PS4 + BF4 (Not sensible but those next gen graphics though)

3)Wait two years and pick up a PS4 in 2016 since there will be the inevitable PS4 Slim, price drop and BF5. (Smartest decision but it'll be a pain in the bum waiting 2 years for a Battlefield fix).

What are you guys doing and what would you do in my situation?

Ps4 and prob 2 even though im thinking of switching bf4 fir killzone
#3knightimexPosted 10/3/2013 9:39:18 AM
BF4 for ps4.

PS3 version will be very inferior to the ps4 version.
I hate using Keyboard, and mouse so that rules out PC.
Also, I dislike origin.
---
Games I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy 9 (ps1), Serious Sam 3 BFE (pc)
#4Sailor GoonPosted 10/3/2013 9:39:29 AM
sounds like you've already made your decision.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#5Suppaman234(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:43:14 AM
Yeah, I'm sort of leaning toward option 1. If i knew for sure the PS4 would have no problems whatsoever and I was making more money than I do know, I honestly wouldn't hesitate and get the damn game on PS4. With the unreliability and having consoles die more often nowadays, I think waiting might be the best decision.

I still would like to hear what everyone else is doing though.
#6KabtheMentatPosted 10/3/2013 9:49:01 AM
I'd add an option 4 and get it for the PC if you can run it.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7CzarcasmPosted 10/3/2013 9:49:15 AM
Get the PS4 with Battlefield 4. Sure, as a student money is tight, but you'll probably end up spending what you should have on the system and the game over the course of a month of going out with friends or eating fast food. I didn't buy a PS3 until my junior year of college, and found that the amount of money I saved simply by staying in and playing video games was... Kind of substantial. Obviously my situation wouldn't apply to everyone, and I'm not advising that you sit in every night and play video games, but it can help when you're bored, pinched for cash, and/or just don't feel like doing anything else.

In terms of it not being 'smart' to buy a system at launch - says who? The uneducated consumer, that's who. No offense, but you're given a manufacturer's warranty for a full year after you buy the system, and even though I usually go for an extended warranty, the same principle applies. Whether or not there is anything wrong with my system, I make sure that I get a new one before my warranty period expires. When they send me my new or newly refurbished system, I get an additional 6 months warranty to make sure everything is cool. In all reality, though, I'd get the two year warranty and make sure I got it replaced closer to the end of the two years, at which time new models may be out (though it's unlikely you'd get a new model when doing a warranty replacement).
---
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m548/zLazer_DS/cool-story-bro.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ysXM9kN.gif
#8Suppaman234(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:59:03 AM(edited)
The process of mailing in the console after it breaks is the main reason I want to wait. If there was a place where I could just walk in and exchange my PS4 for a new PS4 with my warranty (After the store return policy date expires), I wouldn't be as worried. That was the case with my old gamecube. It broke a few months after I got it at launch and I just went to a Nintendo Repair Location near my home and just exchanged it for a new one. I don't think that's the case with Sony and Microsoft (if it is someone please tell me) and I've heard horror stories from friends saying they had to wait on their doorsteps for the mail man to deliver their replacement launch 360/PS3. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of sending in the old console and waiting for a new one.
#9Sackboy4mvpPosted 10/3/2013 10:08:11 AM
What am I doing? Killzone Shadow Fall.
---
Official Sackboy of PSASBR--Black 2 FC=0218 8603 3882
PSN: WaLuigi4life---Wii U: WaLuigi4mvp
#10pigman2003Posted 10/3/2013 10:24:33 AM
Xbox One, I wouldn't buy a competitive online shooter on anything that isn't an Xbox One. My PS4 will be for single player games.