Gaming these days is too damn expensive

#1Super-7-7-7Posted 10/7/2013 1:58:32 AM
PS4 + a sub I don't want.....

Then you see threads of people pining for this gen remakes O.o? So they can complain next gen about them all being remakes. Honestly neither console has impressed me this gen update feels as arbitrary as a COD update.

Xbox one is even offering the same but for more money, gaming is going down the toilet next gen.

PS3 4 Life
#2NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 2:03:03 AM
So get a tablet & enjoy fruit ninja for free...

I hear yahoo still has their games section...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#3evolutionx360Posted 10/7/2013 2:22:33 AM
gaming isn't too expensive, you are too poor. and thats coming from someone who is broke as hell. i'm a carpenter, currently out of work due to a knee injury, but when i was working..i could have bought a PS4 every week.

you buy a console once every 5 YEARS, you should try being a PC gamer and a console gamer like me..i spend 400 a year upgrading my PC alone
#4seanskatePosted 10/7/2013 2:25:32 AM
Lol at calling him poor, you can twist it any way you like but 500 bucks for a toy is still allot of money. 500 dollars buys you a whole lot of fun.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#5NeoMonkPosted 10/7/2013 2:33:45 AM
seanskate posted...
Lol at calling him poor, you can twist it any way you like but 500 bucks for a toy is still allot of money. 500 dollars buys you a whole lot of fun.

My lil nephew whos 12... heard about the PS4 after E3 & He DOES NOT have a job & has been saving up w/e money he gets & selling some of his games & stuff he no longer uses online via my sister.
He managed to reach around $600ish last month so he has his PS4 paid off, Knack & fifa i think.
I've tossed a few Lincolns his way when i see him & he's thrilled.
Didn't have to beg for it & I think he learned a valuable lesson thorough this time.

If a 12 year old can figure it out, why can't anyone?...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#6CollCrofterPosted 10/7/2013 2:42:32 AM
You got nothing stored up for a rainy day??

I would be a wreck if I didn't know I had money stashed away somewhere
---
Nobody's perfect, but when you're from Scotland you're pretty damn close!
#7ITPPosted 10/7/2013 2:44:12 AM
I resent a gaming console being called a "toy", that moniker completely degrades the purpose of it.

Gaming today is no different from TV, Movies, Books, Music or any other hobby you practice in your spare time.

Tennis is a "game", does that mean a tennis racket is a toy? is a computer a toy because it can play games? is an iPad/iPhone a toy?

No, it's not. So yes, gaming today costs a lot of money, but it doesn't really cost more than it used to, there's just more room to whine about it on the internet nowadays.
---
PSN ID: LeeorV
Now playing: The Last of Us, Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur
#8XenoMechaPosted 10/7/2013 6:03:14 AM
ITP posted...
I resent a gaming console being called a "toy", that moniker completely degrades the purpose of it.

Gaming today is no different from TV, Movies, Books, Music or any other hobby you practice in your spare time.

Tennis is a "game", does that mean a tennis racket is a toy? is a computer a toy because it can play games? is an iPad/iPhone a toy?

No, it's not. So yes, gaming today costs a lot of money, but it doesn't really cost more than it used to, there's just more room to whine about it on the internet nowadays.

At least you don't take gaming too seriously.
---
PSN: Eternius00
#9GeminiX7Posted 10/7/2013 6:14:39 AM
Considering inflation, gaming is MUCH cheaper nowadays than it was in the past. Back in the mid 90s you were still paying around the same amount for games as you are now, but the value of a dollar was much higher.

400 for a system when you are making at least 8 bucks an hour is much cheaper than 300 when you are making around 5 bucks an hour(going by minimum wages). Look at old ads for games, most prices weren't really normalized either. You might pay 40 bucks for one SNES title, and 80 for another made around the same time. Back in those days, at least for me, getting a new game was something that occurred once during my birthday, once for Xmas, and MAYBE once or twice during the year outside of holidays. And my parents were making well above minimum wage(Chem. Engineer and Registered Nurse). Nowadays, even when I was working minimum wage jobs at a gas station I could buy a brand new game every paycheck and not really feel the difference if I wanted. Hell, I spent more on dates than I could ever spend on games save for buying a brand new system.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
#10kyncaniPosted 10/7/2013 7:59:13 AM
Get the PS+ subscription.

Once you buy your PS4, you will have a few dozen games to play already.