EB Games Expo: Sony gives free PS4s to disabled gamer ; Microsoft "Sorry brah"

#1supermoc10Posted 10/7/2013 9:49:01 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692911

Long story short: A disabled gamer couldn't access the PS4s at EB Games Expo because they were upstairs. To apologize for their error, Sony promised to give him a free PS4 on launch day. The Xbox One's were also upstairs but MS just said "Sorry, it's upstairs. You can't try it."

I love the Xbox consoles themselves but this really shows the difference between the two companies. One of them really cares about their fanbase.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2catzrul2002Posted 10/7/2013 9:51:21 AM
It's nice of Sony to do that.

If you posted this on the Xbox One boards, guaranteed the Xbots will twist this somehow.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#3PorungaPosted 10/7/2013 9:53:09 AM
catzrul2002 posted...

If you posted this on the Xbox One boards, guaranteed the Xbots will twist this somehow.

They already did.
#4supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:54:41 AM
catzrul2002 posted...

They're already doing it. It's sad really.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#5bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 9:55:58 AM(edited)
supermoc10 posted...

Long story short: A disabled gamer couldn't access the PS4s at EB Games Expo because they were upstairs. To apologize for their error, Sony promised to give him a free PS4 on launch day. The Xbox One's were also upstairs but MS just said "Sorry, it's upstairs. You can't try it."

I love the Xbox consoles themselves but this really shows the difference between the two companies. One of them really cares about their fanbase.

it was nice, but no one is obligated. The real question is why wasn't there access to the upper level for people who are disabled. Are there not laws in the states for that?

so now we know, if you are disabled, just complain you can't go up the stairs and you get free. But this should not be a bash topic, just stupid
#6PorungaPosted 10/7/2013 9:56:48 AM
bob15x posted...
supermoc10 posted...

it was nice, but no one is obligated. The real question is why wasn't there access to the upper level for people who are disabled. Are there not laws in the states for that?

so now we know, if you are disabled, just complain you can't go up the stairs and you get free. But this should not be a bash topic, just stupid

Yes, but this wasn't in the states.
#7DK DeathKnightPosted 10/7/2013 9:58:04 AM
catzrul2002 posted...

They have done a lot of twisting. Yes I have a ps3 but this gen I wanted to see what each console's offered. And if the xbone appealed to me, I would get that one. But ever since e3, their was no bs from sony, just facts. "Here is what we are going to do and have, and here is what we are not going to do and have". I can appreciate that I know what in going to get, that's why I'm going ps4. Microsoft has done nothing but spin and spin. And honestly their is a lot of uncertainties with the xbone now. This is the same with these boards. I've seen xbone fans spread misinformation because 1. they need to reassure themselves. And 2.they need to convince others to buy it, because frankly, the xbone isint selling itself at this point.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Starcraft 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Trinity Universe, Valkyria Chronicles 2
#8bob15xPosted 10/7/2013 9:58:31 AM
Porunga posted...
bob15x posted...
supermoc10 posted...

Yes, but this wasn't in the states.

Ya just say, Australia. For a country that bans anything and everything you think they would have laws protecting the disabled.
#9IminyourclosetPosted 10/7/2013 10:02:54 AM(edited)
How could they twist this? It seems pretty clear-cut

Edit: Nevermind, just went over there.

"They're just doing it for themselves, they want the PR"
"They just wanted to trick people into thinking they're generous and humble like they've been doing all along"
"I see no proof they're actually giving him a console. It's probably bogus"

and crap like that. Wow, that's sad.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#10zephirrainesPosted 10/7/2013 10:00:16 AM
Nice by the sony rep at the expo but some people need to learn that these are actions of smart management at the events and to talk like this is Sony or MS just shows that you are out of touch with reality.

This is the work of one kind manager.