I f*** up!

#1cyl26Posted 10/7/2013 8:52:09 AM
Bought a huge 50" TV to mount on my bedroom wall ready for my ps4.

Problem is my wall is just that plaster stuff! It wont hold.

Any DIY savvy ppl got any tips on getting it stably on the wall? Do i just drill deeper? Implant some sort of structure into the wall for reinforcement? Buy a stand.....cry? :(
#2doc1369Posted 10/7/2013 8:54:13 AM
Have it hanging, that would be cool.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#3Exodus_PrimePosted 10/7/2013 8:54:14 AM
I had a similar issue with this. So I went out and bought one of those new Tv stands that actually holds it up above the Tv stand giving the illusion it's mounted, it has a few height settings on it, worked out well for me, just a thought. Sorry I couldn't help with the mounting part you might want to try Google or YouTube.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4tacomaniiPosted 10/7/2013 8:54:53 AM
Get

http://www.toggler.com/

The SNAPTOGGLE

you can get them at home depot or lowes. Each one can hold about 25-40 pounds depending on how much your tv weighs and how many holes you're willing to drill.

I worked for a company that made anchors, and our #1 customers were TV installations.
---
This comment may have not brought anything to the conversation, and may be offensive. It has been written. WiiU=PSN=XBOX= Tacomanii
#5kyomagiPosted 10/7/2013 9:03:54 AM
nothing will hold it. Get a stand with a mount on it. You need 2x4's behind your wall to be able to mount it
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360
PSN Profile - http://psnprofiles.com/magistarkyo
#6tacomaniiPosted 10/7/2013 9:05:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IuNkiiqhO4
---
This comment may have not brought anything to the conversation, and may be offensive. It has been written. WiiU=PSN=XBOX= Tacomanii
#7tacomaniiPosted 10/7/2013 9:07:45 AM
cyl26 posted...
Bought a huge 50" TV to mount on my bedroom wall ready for my ps4.

Problem is my wall is just that plaster stuff! It wont hold.

Any DIY savvy ppl got any tips on getting it stably on the wall? Do i just drill deeper? Implant some sort of structure into the wall for reinforcement? Buy a stand.....cry? :(

I have sold Anchors for years to contractors, and these little guys get the job done. Plaster walls still have tensile strength, you will be using 6-8 bolts, which will be fine.
---
#8EastCoastKodyPosted 10/7/2013 9:10:44 AM
plaster stuff?

u mean drywall?

find a stud. Should be every 16 inches. or 24
#9twytch007Posted 10/7/2013 9:15:42 AM
I have an older 32" flat screen I mounted in my kitchen to a wall that was re-plastered a TON of times. It's got a good deal of weight to it. If you get the proper anchors you will be fine. If you can find a stud, even better.
---
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
#10cyl26(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 9:18:58 AM
Thanks guys, ill assess my options :)