I f*** up!

#11Buddha1187Posted 10/7/2013 10:44:14 AM
EastCoastKody posted...
find a stud. Should be every 16 inches. or 24

he should have done this to begin with
#12doodles40Posted 10/7/2013 10:48:06 AM
cyl26 posted...
Bought a huge 50" TV to mount on my bedroom wall ready for my ps4.

Problem is my wall is just that plaster stuff! It wont hold.

Any DIY savvy ppl got any tips on getting it stably on the wall? Do i just drill deeper? Implant some sort of structure into the wall for reinforcement? Buy a stand.....cry? :(

You need to find a stud. Buy a stud finder and you can wall mount the tv.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#13HelmesSeiferPosted 10/7/2013 11:05:34 AM
doodles40 posted...
cyl26 posted...

Any DIY savvy ppl got any tips on getting it stably on the wall? Do i just drill deeper? Implant some sort of structure into the wall for reinforcement? Buy a stand.....cry? :(

This and also there is such a thing as dry wall screws if you cannot find or do not have a stud. BUT DO CHECK THE WEIGHT THRESHOLD, or bye bye new TV.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#14AkumahitoPosted 10/7/2013 1:06:07 PM
HelmesSeifer posted...
doodles40 posted...
cyl26 posted...

This and also there is such a thing as dry wall screws if you cannot find or do not have a stud. BUT DO CHECK THE WEIGHT THRESHOLD, or bye bye new TV.

Dry wall screws are not magical screws that will hold objects on drywall. in fact they are actually screws that hold Drywall on the wall.

That being said, ALL WALLS have suds in them as stated previously, unless its cinder block, you just have to figure out what spacing they are at.
#15dj___rollPosted 10/7/2013 1:59:16 PM
Quote:Bought a huge 50" TV to mount on my bedroom wall ready for my ps4.

@cyl26

Get a mount that you can bolt into your wall beam supports. You should have studs every 3 feet or so that you can screw into.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#16thebassclef626Posted 10/7/2013 7:23:11 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
plaster stuff?

u mean drywall?

find a stud. Should be every 16 inches. or 24

^this^

What are you talking about TC? Like 90% of walls are drywall... You have to screw the mount into the studs. You'll need a stud finder, they're less than $10. I'm definitely no carpenter, but I figured it out by myself. My 55" Samsung has been there for 4 years with no problems. Just MAKE SURE that the screws/bolts are going into the center of the studs...
---
"Err, 'helly doo sad wee' to you, too."
Not changing this sig 'til I'm playing FF X/X-2 HD Remastered.
#17G2584Posted 10/7/2013 8:16:02 PM
You need to call Geek Squad. You're clearly unqualified to take this on.
---
Let's share a tall cup of Jesus.
#18JusticeSwordPosted 10/7/2013 9:00:14 PM
tacomanii posted...
Get

http://www.toggler.com/

The SNAPTOGGLE

you can get them at home depot or lowes. Each one can hold about 25-40 pounds depending on how much your tv weighs and how many holes you're willing to drill.

I worked for a company that made anchors, and our #1 customers were TV installations.

I bet as soon as you read the OP, you thought to yourself; "Finally, my time to shine" XD!!

He is right though people.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#19jsplisimPosted 10/7/2013 9:17:28 PM(edited)
tacomanii posted...
Get

http://www.toggler.com/

The SNAPTOGGLE

you can get them at home depot or lowes. Each one can hold about 25-40 pounds depending on how much your tv weighs and how many holes you're willing to drill.

I worked for a company that made anchors, and our #1 customers were TV installations.

I hung a old (re: heavy) Plasma in my bedroom with a similar product - it works like a charm!
---
There's the deltoids of compassion; There's the abs of being kind.
It's not enough to bash in heads, you've got to bash in minds...
#20RussellGorallPosted 10/7/2013 10:06:42 PM
Doesn't it come with a stand?

Personally, I don't care for that high wall look unless you are literally fifty feet away.
---
GT - CuddlyREDRUM
PSN - honkayjeezus