Are Walmarts/Best Buys/etc getting enough copies to sell on launch or

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 10/7/2013 5:06:51 PM
is it mostly preorders?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2cardinalmahogiePosted 10/7/2013 5:18:01 PM
Sony has stated they would have enough stock for walk ins. They also held back stock to help with demand concerning non pre orders
#3jj4492Posted 10/7/2013 5:38:41 PM
I hope so man I didn't pre order one. I am hoping I can get one on launch or a couple weeks after.
#4TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:20:23 PM
I simply didn't have the money to preorder before, now I'm sitting on 2k saved up for an entirely new entertainment system.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#5night_drifter05Posted 10/7/2013 6:38:03 PM
cardinalmahogie posted...
Sony has stated they would have enough stock for walk ins. They also held back stock to help with demand concerning non pre orders

Sony has NEVER officially said this. Sony DID release a official statement saying they aren't positive they will have enough to cover the initial pre-order's when they finally cut them off. If you also go to any retailer and talk to someone who know's they will even tell you they have 2 pre-order shipments and 1 is release day and one is 2nd shipment a week or 2 later. Alot of people who are expecting to get a PS4 on day 1 are going to be shocked when they get a call that they have to wait a few more days.
#6WomackdPosted 10/7/2013 7:54:38 PM
Actually jack Trenton of sony did say that their goal is for everyone that wants a ps4 will be able to get one, and that is why they stopped pre orders in order to have additional units on the shelves. After that statement, sony also said they will launch in asia in December. If that's the case, surely that could limit supply to the original launch territories.
#7elbarto1Posted 10/7/2013 8:06:48 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
I simply didn't have the money to preorder before, now I'm sitting on 2k saved up for an entirely new entertainment system.

In the future use amazon.

No $ down for preorders. You get charged when it ships. And no long lines w sketchy characters.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#8TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:43:07 PM
elbarto1 posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...

In the future use amazon.

No $ down for preorders. You get charged when it ships. And no long lines w sketchy characters.

I've heard terrible things about amazon preorders in the past so I tend to shy away from it.
---