Will Streaming PS3 really be a good idea?

#1refmonPosted 10/7/2013 5:15:35 PM
Judging by how OnLive worked, extremely compressed video, input lag.and needing an internet connection better than most people have.
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#2BriankblPosted 10/7/2013 6:25:30 PM
refmon posted...
Judging by how OnLive worked, extremely compressed video, input lag.and needing an internet connection better than most people have.

1) Video compression - sure, I'll give you that one. On occasion, you might see some artifacting here or there.

2) Never had any issue with input lag. That's with mouse/keyboard and using the Onlive Wireless Controller.

3) I have basic Comcast "high speed" internet. Works perfectly for me.

Onlive is an awesome service. I use it all the time on my Nexus 7, using my HTC Droid DNA's 4G for my wireless hotspot while I'm at work on my lunch break. Playing full console games like Witcher 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction on my tablet, smart phone, or desktop, while maintaining my save files across all platforms, is amazing.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#3skermacPosted 10/7/2013 6:30:17 PM
Its only a good idea for people with high speed internet.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#4GrimwhisperPosted 10/7/2013 6:39:37 PM
skermac posted...

So, the majority of the civilized world? K.
---
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?
#5GrimwhisperPosted 10/7/2013 6:48:53 PM
netindex.comB4asinineresponse
---
PSN is the same as my username. Is The Last Guardian out yet?
#6skermacPosted 10/8/2013 3:46:54 PM
Grimwhisper posted...
skermac posted...

So, the majority of the civilized world? K.

Leaves out almost all of Europe, that's one reason Gaikai isn't going there any time soon.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#7THEB0SS666Posted 10/8/2013 5:02:26 PM
i have a 20 mbps comcast internet its laggy looks like crap and by the task manager its only using 1.2mbps of my available bandwidth what gives?
---
dell xps 7100 gtx 660sc 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
#8NemeksisPosted 10/8/2013 5:07:22 PM
THEB0SS666 posted...
i have a 20 mbps comcast internet its laggy looks like crap and by the task manager its only using 1.2mbps of my available bandwidth what gives?

Probably a latency issue.